Video - 'negative' like view.

WDGC

When I play a news video (see righthand side of page) at this newspaper site I only get a 'negative' like view, although unlike old style black and white negatives, this is in colour. The OS is XP Pro SP2 and this happens using both IE 6 and Firefox 2.0.

I'd appreciate insights into the possible cause and correction of this problem.

Edited by WDGC

Thank you for your reply.

I'm not at all knowledgeable in these matters; all I can tell you is the machine is a Dell Dimension 8400, about 17 months old, and the video card is an ATI Radeon X300 which has not been touched or modified in any way

Regarding codecs, Device Manager > Sound, video and game controllers > Video Codecs > Properties > General, gives this information:

Manufacturer: (Standard system devices)

I downloaded and installed ffdshow [rev] [2006-12-11]. All installation settings were default and it was installed to C:\Program Files\ffdshow.

However the problem persists.

Device Manager > Sound, video and game controllers > Video Codecs > Properties > General, still gives this information:

Manufacturer: (Standard system devices)

Although at Device Manager > Sound, video and game controllers > Video Codecs > Properties > Properties, in the 'Video Compression Codecs' list, there is now, amongst other entries, an entry "ffdshow video encoder"

I notice in the ffdshow start menu folder there are listings " Video decoder configuration", "VFW configuration", and "Audio decoder configuration". Do I need to do something here?

• 2 weeks later...