No more focus rectangle

Mad_Griffith

i like that thing, you know where pressing the spacebar will take focus then..

:yes:

Agreed.

Has never bothered me.

Surely you would want to have this included in nLite, not XPize?

As its a windows feature that might be able to be done that way?? Would make more sense.

• 1 month later...
I'd say keep it, because should you ever have it where your mouse fails you will need that to navigate the computer via a keyboard.

That's right, but

the button already changes color on that purpose, so there is no need for the rectangle to be there...

Anyway, the rectangle remover should be an "extra" so that the user can decide whether he wants it or not.

Every program I've seen has the focus rectangle, not all of them have highlighting colors (certain themes lack them too).

Tabbing around in Firefox and many other applications only shows the focus rectangle. You remove that and you have no way of knowing where your focus is. :\

Trust me, you really want to keep your focus triangle. Should you ever have hardware issues with your mouse port (USB or PS2) or even your mouse; you will really need that focus triangle. I just say this from a been there/done that experience.

Don't get me wrong, removing it could be nice visually. But should you ever need it, you may regret removing it. I'm just a bit cautious as I've needed it frequently at work on some machines.

i like that thing, you know where pressing the spacebar will take focus then..

the button already changes color on that purpose, so there is no need for the rectangle to be there...

in explorer, its clear with the retangle around it, until you press space, then it highlights it again