Service pack SP2 for Windows Server 2003 R2

vw2fst4u

The service pack for server 2003 is it not the same one for R2 just curios because I've been having probs installing it. This is the one I'm trying to install WindowsServer2003-KB914961-SP2-x86-ENU = 369 mb anybody got any input for me.

Thanx...

Vw2fst4u

Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2) Release Candidate (RC) is a cumulative service pack that provides the latest updates, security and stability enhancements, in addition to new features, feature updates and utility updates to the Windows Server 2003 operating system. SP2 helps secure your server and improve system reliability, security, and stability thereby ensuring the highest level of readiness to meet the ever increasing demands of today’s server operating systems. Windows Server 2003 SP2 can be installed directly on the following operating systems:

Windows Server 2003 Editions (All 32-bit x86)

Windows Server 2003 Itanium-based Editions

Windows Server 2003 x64 Editions

Windows Server 2003 R2 Editions

Windows Server 2003 Storage Server R2 Edition

Windows Server 2003 Compute Cluster Edition

Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2

Windows XP Professional x64 Edition

It is possible that there is something on the computer that the setup doesn't like, is there a log of the installation created? can you tell us anymore about the server and what is happening during the installation?

• 1 month later...
The service pack for server 2003 is it not the same one for R2 just curios because I've been having probs installing it. This is the one I'm trying to install WindowsServer2003-KB914961-SP2-x86-ENU = 369 mb anybody got any input for me.

Thanx...

Vw2fst4u

I had problems with this too. I could not slipstream this into 2003 server sp1 without getting missing file errors during installation. Applying the service pack directly worked.

crossbow

I too had problems with this one - I found that it would slipstream into an RTM source, but when I slipstreamed into an SP1 source, it would fail with random file errors. I'm pretty sure this one has been bugged, but it wouldn't hurt to report it again.

I too had problems with this one - I found that it would slipstream into an RTM source, but when I slipstreamed into an SP1 source, it would fail with random file errors. I'm pretty sure this one has been bugged, but it wouldn't hurt to report it again.

Odd, I slipstreamed it into a SP1 source and had no issues with missing files. No issues at all, actually.

Just out of curiousity. How did you guys sliptream it? Nlite? Autostreamer? Or the good old fashioned update.exe way?

I Also had the smae experience when slipstreaming (CMD update.exe) the same Sp2 folder to Server 2003 R2 x86 Edition. I was prompted tha system cannot load certain files and I had to eithe brouse to find them or skip. I gave up and skipped but after inital install and 1st reboot , system could not boot due to missing file. So I went back to my current R2 Sp1 ED CD. I will try again as I noticed now that there was a conflict with an extra folder that the update extract created (Support\Tools) and my R2 SP1 CD already hade the folder but support tools were not there anymore so I put them back in. Was this correct. Any ideas? I'll try again as is and see what happens.