Slipstreaming SP2 with XP Gold

clintb

For the sake of cleanliness, I've recopied my XP gold disc into "SOURCE" and put only the Admin install of SP2 in "HF". All worked good as expected, but when I run HFSLIP again, with all post-sp2 fixes (sp2 removed from HF, of course), it warns of the source having been patched prior to the run. Is there any harm in this and can I remove something to get rid of that warning?

Thanks all!

@ XL-DJK95355 ... agree with S-M ... :P yup ... it was the release which contained java virtual machine support (http://searchwebservices.techtarget.com/tip/1,289483,sid26_gci846664,00.html)

@ clintb ... as for slipstreaming HFs into XP Gold, it worked for me (but i always go back to using XP Pro SP1 ... you may try though to slipstream sp2 + post SP2 HFs in 1 run ... always running it from fresh source is suggested ;)

Edited by Kiki Burgh

@clintb--

This is because HFSLIP always adds additional files. What you can do is place a clean XP Gold source in SOURCE again, extract xptosp2.cmd from xptosp2.zip into your HFSLIP folder and run it. This will update your source to SP2. You can then use it as a base for how many HFSLIP runs you like.

Tomcat,

Cool, I thought there must have been something that HFSLIP would leave behind, like the .cmd in SVCPACK. I didn't want to mess anything up, so I left it.

I'll slipstream with the attached file. I realize I could use some of the available tools or do it manually, but I tend to lean towards HFSLIP or anything related in this forum.

Thanks guys!