Motherboard..... Built-in x Cards

MGadAllah

Hi All:

I'd like to know what shold I choose?

I'm using my PC for home usage, no game, no graphics.

I'll upgrade very soon, I will get a new:

*Intel Processor ... PD 3.4 GHz 2x2 MB cach Bus 800 Box D. Core(945)

*1 GB DDR2Ram-533

*Motherboard ... This is what I want to ask about,

Should I get one with VGA, Sound, and Lan already built-in or I should get an empty motherboard and get cards for Sound, VGA and Lan?

Thanks

Edited by MGadAllah

if you're only going to use it for home use in its entire life, get the board with onboard stuff, but if you have a hint that you may want to play a game eventually, you might want to get onboard with room for expansion. a few of the newer microATX boards have PCI-E slots, and a few onboard things so that it could be built on.

personally, i'd get at least LAN and VGA onboard, i don't find sound to be important in some situations, also soundcards are pretty cheap.

Thanks for your reply.

I will not use it for any other thing in its entire life

Does 1 GB ram is not enough?

i.e. if every thing is bulit-in, will 1GB of ram will not be enough?

I will choose from GigaByte or MSI because they are the most famous Motherboard here in Egypt.

so what do you think

If it was my machine I would either go with an add in video card or 2gb of memory. Or get a board with the option of an add-in video card, or configure the memory so that more can be added without throwing memory away.

I always try and build a machine expecting it will do more than what I think it will when I built it.

1GB of RAM is more than enough. it'll last you probably the computers entire life.

if its never going to be used for gaming, then everything should be onboard, 1 gig of ram will easily go to everything...theres no need to over do it and spend money just so it can do more than you need.

I agree with the other about getting a motherboard with integrated components. As far as choosing a manufacturer for the board, Gigabyte and MSI are both build quality boards. I have computers using one from each and I haven't had any problems from either. If I had to choose, I would pick Gigabyte for you. The motherboards are normally feature rich and are generally quite stable. I think what would be most important would be to look at offerings from both and compare features and prices. They'll be pretty close, but you might find something that you particularly like about a motherboard.

Actually not every thing is avaliable here in Egypt

AMD is not widely used around so I do not have any feed back

Also most of things are made in China, but china came here not the same china gone to USA, I mean grade :} .

the latest processor we have here in Egypt is this one:

Intel - PD 3.4GHZ - 2x2MB cach - Bus 800 - Box - D. Core(945)

Thanks for your help Guys, it is clear now

I will get one built-in with every thing with 1 GB of Ram.

But shall I go with Giga Byte, or MSI?

I've used Gygabite years in a row and never had any problems whatsoever. That's why I'm still using one (see sig).

Go gigabyte. not too much on OC options (google gigabyte hidden F? key) but they are the most solid reliable board manu Ive ever seen short of tyan (server board manufacturer)

I second the idea of getting non-onboard video and slapping in a cheap add-in card, the rest should be integrated.