Connecting With LAN

rat-boyJ

I can connect two computers togerther, but it dosent say anything.

When i start a game that is supported by LAN it allows me to play LAN.

But i cant do things such as See the other computer and share software.

Can someone please give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated

I cannot see the other computer at all..UNDERSTAND THIS!!!!....I wouldnt ask this question if i could see the other computer. I go into the Network places and nothing.

How do i make it so that i can see the other computer, and access the other computer's files. all the files are shared, this is not the problem.

Can someone please tell me how to fix this problem, it would be greatly appreciated

rat_boy

I cannot see the other computer at all..UNDERSTAND THIS!!!!....I wouldnt ask this question if i could see the other computer. I go into the Network places and nothing.

with that sort of attitude i am surprised you get any response

Smartie91

Indeed... we realize you're a MSFN newb, but have some respect.

If you're connecting with a switch this should be a none issue as long as you have admin rights on both machines and know what you're doing. Join the same workgroup/domain, share the folders, set a share name... connect to it. That simple.

How do i make it so that i can see the other computer, and access the other computer's files. all the files are shared, this is not the problem.

Can someone please tell me how to fix this problem, it would be greatly appreciated

In case you didn't notice, this is a community forum, not a You-paid-for-support forum. I think you should reconsider the method you're approaching the issue if you want some of the more senior and skilled members in the community to help you.