Remove Sound and Network from taskbar?

Marthax

It's kinda embarrassing to be asking this I know, but I just can't figure out where I disable these from the taskbar. Hats off to MS for making their new OS more user friendly than ever.

Anyway, can anyone help me out here?

Thanks!

Marthax

What an odd place to put it on. Thanks for the help :)

I'm not sure that's odd at all - that is the only place in the entire GUI where those notification icons would be located, so why not put them in the notification area's control properties dialog?

Because they've been on there usual places (sound bar -> sounds) for so long in WinXP. When you get used to something and then all of a sudden it gets changed, it doesn't matter if the new place is even better then it used to because you can't find it.

Sounds logical to me that if you want a "the speaker" in the taskbar, the you should look for it in the sounds department.

Edited by Marthax

Sounds logical to me that if you want a "the speaker" in the taskbar, the you should look for it in the sounds department.

Okay, I say we give him that point. Because granted the Notification Area is part of the System Tray, which is part of the Task Bar, so it is logical for the controls to be there. But...It has indeed been in the Adjust Audio Properties dialog since Win95 - Making it a rather obvious first place to look.

...Its removal irked me too.

What about the registry solution for this? I've tracked it with regshot, but all it gives me is a load of Hex crap that doesn't say anything. I figured that it would be something like the "old" XP would have with a simple Dword, but apperently it's not. Anyway, has anyone figured this out?

Edited by Marthax

• 2 weeks later...

ok!!

well I was wondering checking/unchecking it will just "remove" it from the tray. I rather w'd like them to be available, atleast the sound icon but w'd like them to he "hidden always". but MS seems to remove that hiding option for sound.

anyone with a clue

LoL

What 'Hex crap' does it give you and whats the key your refering to?

What about the registry solution for this? I've tracked it with regshot, but all it gives me is a load of Hex crap that doesn't say anything. I figured that it would be something like the "old" XP would have with a simple Dword, but apperently it's not. Anyway, has anyone figured this out?