EasyBoot Multiboot and nLite modded Setup freezes...

syster

Hi all!

I'm making a MultiBoot DVD with WinXPPro-WinXPHE-WinXPnLite-Win2k3-Win2k0-Linux-Ophcrack systems.

WinXPnlite is my modded by nLite setup with few modifications (such as autoinstall,Unatteded setup, integrated SP1&autoupdates and so on), wich works fine, i've installed it on some computers :)

But when i want to add this into MultiBoot, it makes very strange things :blink:

It freezes at stage when shows "Setup is checking your computer's configuration". I don't know why.

But the funny is that, the installer works fine, until i want to add ONE more directory (it doesn't matter if the directory contains pictures or programs, or it's empty) into DVD (into a root directory of DVD), it freezes

Without directory - works - with -doesn't work

This problem is only with nLite modded setup. I haven't got any problems with others installers.

I'm using EasyBoot, and I posted this thread into EasyBoot developer's forum some days ago, but nobody's reply :( I hope you guys may help :unsure:

PS: Sorry for my bad english, i hope you understand me :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...

I have the very same problem, but only if the data size on the disc exceeds a certain amount. With 2.8GB it works, with 4.4GB it freezes. I have also copied bootfont.bin from the German version; when everything works, the screenmode is switched and the other font is used; in case it freezes, it freezes in the regular text mode. Maybe this is useful information?

I have not used any of the tools mentioned but created everything manually or with command line tools (for the creation of the floppy disk boot images). I use the very same files, only that I leave two Linux distributions away for it to work. For me, this is also new behavior on the real machine.

I think it must be related to the data size, although I have no clue how that can be.

@syster: So, just out of curiosity, maybe try to made a multi-boot disc but only with one Windows on it.

This behavior is so strange that I have no idea where to start looking. Searching the form only revealed this post to me as being related to the problem.