Very cheap place for 80wire PATA cables?

Does anyone happen to have a place they can order medium quantities (10-20 at a time) 80 wire PATA ribbon cables? My usual source (that sold for $1 each plus shipping per LB) went out of business since the last time I had to order. They gotta deliver to east coast USA and be well built.

Newegg sells them for $3 each plus shipping each (another $3 or so) which is exorbinant!

After lots more searching, the cheapest place with decent ones is still the egg...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16812105910

but in quantities of 8 or more, it is still over $4 each after shipping. insane!

Edited by Jaqie Fox

I never said I go through a lot, just when I do buy I buy in bulk and have some ready to go when I do need them.

That business I bought them from went out of business a year or two ago :)

I would be interested in buying 10 or 15 right now, or 20 in a month, just to have some stock up... depending on how much shipping would be. shipping would be no rush - a week would be acceptible (up to a month if we have to do international ship freight), and USPS preferred.

I do however still do some freelance consulting and tech work, so I do use some in others' systems.

Edited by Jaqie Fox

fone the sales line for different online shops, with a bit of haggle you can always get them to knock some off for you :P

Also, wat i find use (especially at work) over time build up a relationship with tele sales and its amazing how much they will knock off you wen they know u more!

Computer recycling center/dump.

Many lusers throw away perfectly good hardware.

You can probably get the cables for free, and take anything else you might find interesting.

Edited by LLXX

Problem with both those ideas: no car no phone. It's amazing how many people (and establishments) assume that everyone has a car and a phone... makes life difficult but I just can't afford one. (please save the WHY? its so cheap, or whatever comment about this for another thread, I have gotten VERY tired of explaining my financial situation to people - suffice it to say it is not possible for me to have either right now)

Heck, I just got my first bank account (and debit card) in 7 years, imagine living without a bank account :( its not been easy or fun.

Edited by Jaqie Fox