What u playing at the moment?

jayroller

• 2 weeks later...

Strife are you serious? you mean Im not the only person who has played it.

Hmm the graphics look a bit old now dont they, although i cant really remember where im upto i think i have to go kill the bishop.

Your right there arent any remakes although i did find a moddb with someone thinking about it or suggesting it

afterall its much less crazy then the ut2004 remake for ut99

http://www.moddb.com/mods/ut2004-models-v2-extreme

i still havent played that though probably because im deciding whether or not to have 2 ut99 directories, but im leaning towards a 10gb one

Edited by awergh

I still run regularly one of the Redneck Rampage saga, despite the bad 3D engine. And I'm still waiting for another game with leather style lyngerie violent aliens ready to punish your a** through the gardens of graceland.

Edited by strel

The controls don't bother me too much, I assume all old fps use those sorts of controls.

I actually find it almost easier although maybe not quite to play then Unreal is but that is because I've played UT99 far too much

which feels much more refined then Unreal, and I don't remember where my Unreal save is.

havent played Redneck Rampage.

I guess really when playing FPS I prefer to not go to much further back then Unreal/Half-Life because that what I'm more used to.

I have to say that true mouse/free look spoiled me. Yes the Doom and Doom II engine use the mouse to move, and also move with the keyboard. But you can't say only look/shoot with the mouse and move with the keyboard. Also Strife didn't have an option to use Strafe Left/Right instead it was Turn Left/Right. And unfortunately DOSBox didn't emulate it very well in that if I played on the highest difficulty, the game ran way too fast. On easy, it was normal speed. When I played this game when it came out, the only difference between easiest and hardest is that there were more enemies, they were stronger, no difference in speed of the enemies or the player.

oh, ive never tried it on more then normal i think, but yeah i guess your right about controls, and for some reason i always find the contrast a bit funny but i think thats cause my CRT doesnt have the contrast and brightness calibrated to what it should be

And like Redneck Rampage, it also uses the Build Engine, so the controls suck with that too!

I don't think so, moving and strifing with keyboard, and aiming with the mouse is possible, the real annoyance is deformed free view up and down this engine makes. Like with Duke Nukem.

Edited by strel

And like Redneck Rampage, it also uses the Build Engine, so the controls suck with that too!

I don't think so, moving and strifing with keyboard, and aiming with the mouse is possible, the real annoyance is deformed free view up and down this engine makes. Like with Duke Nukem.

Strife has Doom controls. So mouse movements equals player movement. Also right click is move forward. This was fine when it came out but now its just confusing. Strife was not Build Engine, sorry if I just jumbled that all together. I should look for my Duke CDs and see if Duke It Out in DC finally works! I never got it to work when I bought it lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...