[Release] Adobe Reader 9.0 Lite

Shark007

@Shark007

Try to this free msi editor. Super Orca :) I like this.

http://www.pantaray.com/msi_super_orca.html

SuperOrca highlights:

SuperOrca - is a free software.

SuperOrca - can be easily downloaded from the internet, no need to download and install the entire Microsoft SDK.

SuperOrca - will allow you to scan and manipulate all MSI database tables in an intuitive and user friendly manner.

SuperOrca - will not lock the MSI file you are working on, so you can test it with other tools or even install it while the file is still opened in SuperOrca.

SuperOrca - features a powerful "Compare" function that will compare two MSI files, and display any differences in a clear and meaningfull way.

SuperOrca - features a powerfull "Search All" function that will search a text literal across all database tables in one operation.

SuperOrca - version 1.X is distributed free of charge to the software development and IT comunity.

A year ago when there was nothing known in the English forums about 7zsd.sfx from Igor Pavlov (the script was there orginally in 2005), I've written here a tutorial. A few days after that 7zSD site was translated to English and that makes it populair. But the latest version of 7zSD from Igor Pavlov is from July 14, 2007 (1.2 RC1 build 715), then te code was optimalized with the source code of 7-Zip version 4.49 beta. Now a year later 7-zip is meantime by v4.60 and I saw in the extra binary package that 7zS.sfx and 7zSD.sfx (uses msvcrt.dll) are from august 2008.... so anyone know of the 7zSD from Igor Pavlov still is the best and the official 7zSD now also support more parameters?

As far as I'm aware of, 7zsd is work by Oleg Scherbakov and the only problem is that he's updating Russian version of his homepage 7zsfx.infoonly, the English version contains old informations. If you look at Russian pages, you'll find updated info. If you aren't familiar with Russian, here's link to download page. The stable version is 1.2.2 (based on 7-zip 4.57) from 26.7.2008, beta version 1.3 (based on 7-zip 4.58) is from 28.7.2008.

Simplified changelog:

from v1.2 RC1 715 to 1.2.2

code updated to 4.57

added information about used methods and filter in -sfxversion

Flag 4096 affects not only name of windows but picture in BeginPrompt dialog and BeginPrompt + ExtractPath too.

Fixed possible cursor lost when some app lost its focus.

icon change

increased number of possible AutoInstallX entries to 62

fixed internal errors

variables set by user weren't reflected in parameters for creating of folders

1.2.2 to 1.3 beta

code updated to 4.58

added info about used source codes in -sfxversion

add Flag 8 OverWriteMode for files blocked by system

module variable %%M - SFX Archive name without path

Sorry for incorrect translation - neither language is my native :-(

Edited by Narag

@Shark007

Try to this free msi editor. Super Orca :) I like this.

http://www.pantaray.com/msi_super_orca.html

SuperOrca highlights:

SuperOrca - is a free software.

SuperOrca - can be easily downloaded from the internet, no need to download and install the entire Microsoft SDK.

SuperOrca - will allow you to scan and manipulate all MSI database tables in an intuitive and user friendly manner.

SuperOrca - will not lock the MSI file you are working on, so you can test it with other tools or even install it while the file is still opened in SuperOrca.

SuperOrca - features a powerful "Compare" function that will compare two MSI files, and display any differences in a clear and meaningfull way.

SuperOrca - features a powerfull "Search All" function that will search a text literal across all database tables in one operation.

SuperOrca - version 1.X is distributed free of charge to the software development and IT comunity.

Actually I thought to myself "HEY! Super a new msi editing tool!"

Then I read the EULA and it fell into my recycle bin :P (The installer that is)

You may use this software for evaluation purposes for any length of time.

If you want to distribute setups made with the program, you must register your copy.

As a registered user You may use "QSetup Installation Suite" to make any setup for any number of products.

QSetup is licensed on a single license per developer/per machine basis. This includes an unlimited application distribution license, allowing you to deploy any number of applications per developer.

Man I hate apps that hide stuff like that. It did look nice though. Thanks for the link maybe I'll see what registration entails.

HOLY BOUNCING BEACH BALLS!!!

http://www.pantaray.com/register.html

Thats really expensive! Sorry but I am not even going to try it out.

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

It is seriously the EULA I got when I went to install Super ORCA.

They have "Bundled" the registered version. Thats why it says suite in it.

Here is a screen grab of the install proccess:

th_03034_Untitled_1_122_174lo.jpg

See on the top left? It says Super ORCA! But in the EULA it says the suite.

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

Hi.Anyone can add the adobe reader 9 turkish version please.

It just released.That's the link http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adobe/read...Rdr90_tr_TR.exe ;)

If you look about 4 or 5 posts before yours... someone has already posted turkish 9 lite.

MMmm..Sorry..You are so fast.i was couldn't think you make that so fast.. Sorry again very nice work..; )

Reader_Big_Features / Atmosphere_3D / Reader_Bin_rt3d.dll feature have rt3d.dll.

Atmosphere_3D feature needed to view 3d pdf.

Great work X-FoRcE, this is the same issue I found in already published packages of Adobe 9 Lite ;)

The missing rt3d.dll gives problem with some 3D pdf.

I suggest to keep that in mind when new repacks will be created (since the problem is present in every localized release)

Edited by provolino

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Feature for next version. If you read one of the first times a document in PDF you get the question of you want to help to make Adobe Reader better. This option can disabled then. Maybe it can automatic in the installer?

Yes. Add the next entry in registry table:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\CommonFiles\Usage\Reader 9]
"OptIn"=dword:00000000

• 4 weeks later...

sorry but i cant update this, too!

to much time which it use to make all languages lite and to much waste of hdd space!

have absolutely no time for that.. i understand shark ^^

Edited by Sereby

• 1 month later...

ar9lite_fix_rt3d.exe

fix rt3d.dll for all language

this is a .exe rar, install rt3d.dll in your:

%programfiles%\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader in windows x86, tested in Windows XP Pro Sp3

%programfiles(x86)%\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader in windows 64 bits, tested Windows Vista Sp1 Business 64 Bits.

http://www.megaupload.com/es/?d=7VGVJ3Q3

rt3d.dll has been extracted from Acrobat 9 Pro Spanish edition. But the .dll is in English for all language.

Edited by DarkRay

• 3 weeks later...

Just to inform others - I have stopped producing Lite versions of this product.

MSFN is loaded with capable people.

I have posted a basic tutorial in this thread and anyone is welcomed to pick it up where I left off.

I just do not have the time to continue it myself.

shark

Edited by Shark007

the install runs in Arabic but the menu is in English !!!!

Any help

when I need to teach people to use the software they chose to install onto their computer - intro to handholding 101

On a clean installation from re-authored installation media, I believe it will default to the installer language,

but for a desktop installation...

After installation .. from the menu's

Edit

Preferences

International <--- set it here

shark

Or after you set it,export registry value in.reg file and on next installation import it after program installs via regedit /S language.reg command