[Release] Adobe Reader 9.0 Lite

Shark007

hi shark,

i'm not able to install the new (german) version silent!

every time when i try to run it with /q /qb /qr or so its just opening msiexec.exe (happens when wrong parameters are added)...

just run the file works but is no longer silent like in the older version.

I'm on Xp Pro SP3 with Installer 4.5

hmmmm, I tested the file, you are correct. I dont know why though. checked the config.txt, all was OK.

I suggest you repackage it yourself, upload it to rapidshare, post the url, and I'll use it to replace the one I have on there now.

btw, in the config file I used "msistub.exe AcroRead.msi"

msistube passes the switch parameters to the msi.

I didnt default it to unattended (with switches) because there are 100's of users out there using this for desktop installations.

(and thanks) :thumbup

shark

Shark you know you can make a 7zip sfx with optional auto install switches

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
;Normal
RunProgram="AcroRead.msi"
;Passive [-ai1]
AutoInstall1="AcroRead.msi /qb"
;Silent [-ai2]
AutoInstall2="AcroRead.msi /qn"
GUIMode="2"
;!@InstallEnd@!

So all Sereby would need to do is run ar9lite_xxx.exe -ai1[or 2] and it will launch the installer with /qb or /qn

Edit: nm I see you are still using the old 7zip sfx method

Edited by ricktendo64

msistub is no longer needed if you use the new 7zsd.sfx

do you know if this newer sfx module will pass the commandline parameters to the msi as msistub does?

currently I prefer msistub for this reason. A user can type /? and be informed as to what is available via the commandline

I don't want users trying to figure out what switch does what. This is not released solely for MSFN where users can read about switches.

ai1 .. ai2 do these switches appear and thier use explained when /? is used on the exe with the newer sfx?

1 last thing, can you link to this newer sfx module?

shark

Edited by Shark007

You can add info on the -ai switches but you will have to do this manually, a great example is RogueSpears Java installer. You can use 7zip splitter to decomplile it and look at his config.txt

rogueqh4.jpg

Here is the link to the new 7zip sfx and you can find 7zip splitter and the CHM on all the new features

Source: http://7zsfx.solta.ru/en/

Edited by ricktendo64

ALL 9.0 distributed EXE's accept MSI switches

I tried to install it silently. But when I used " ar9lite_cht.exe /qb-" , the msi swithes help window appeared only!

I decomplied this installer with 7zip , the config.txt was "msistub.exe acroread.msi"

I recomplied using "msistub.exe acroread.msi /qb-!", it stll ended up the same old config.txt.

A year ago when there was nothing known in the English forums about 7zsd.sfx from Igor Pavlov (the script was there orginally in 2005), I've written here a tutorial. A few days after that 7zSD site was translated to English and that makes it populair. But the latest version of 7zSD from Igor Pavlov is from July 14, 2007 (1.2 RC1 build 715), then te code was optimalized with the source code of 7-Zip version 4.49 beta. Now a year later 7-zip is meantime by v4.60 and I saw in the extra binary package that 7zS.sfx and 7zSD.sfx (uses msvcrt.dll) are from august 2008.... so anyone know of the 7zSD from Igor Pavlov still is the best and the official 7zSD now also support more parameters?

Edited by Inferi0r

ALL 9.0 distributed EXE's accept MSI switches

I tried to install it silently. But when I used " ar9lite_cht.exe /qb-" , the msi swithes help window appeared only!

I decomplied this installer with 7zip , the config.txt was "msistub.exe acroread.msi"

I recomplied using "msistub.exe acroread.msi /qb-!", it stll ended up the same old config.txt.

same problem (windows installer 4.5)

Its getting quite obvious that I messed up the installers 'switch' functionality. (somehow)

Silent install IS NOT working for most releases.

I do not have highspeed internet acces so there is little hope I will fix this soon.

If someone (an msfn user with some longegity here) has the time to spare and is capable of repackaging all the releases

and re-upping them to rapidshare I would be greatful.

shark