[Release] Adobe Reader 9.0 Lite

Shark007

Hi, can you please try to disable “Allow fast web view” & “Allow speculative downloading in the background” in preferences and post the results?

If this not resolve, can you try to create a dummy AcroRd32Info.exe and look at the events again?

I can too hate those pesk red alerts.

Thanks.

And special thanks to Shark007.

-peace and respect-

Thanks for the response!

I had tried disabling “Allow fast web view” & “Allow speculative downloading in the background” based on a search to not load AcroRd32Info.exe.

It does not solve the annoyance!

I then took a blank word file and renamed it and got the following error.

Unable to start a DCOM Server: {98D9A6F1-4696-4B5E-A2E8-36B3F9C1E12C}. The error:

""C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\AcroRd32Info.exe" /PDFShell -Embedding is not a valid Win32 application. "

Happened while starting this command:

"C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\AcroRd32Info.exe" /PDFShell -Embedding

Where would I get a dummy executable?

Regards!

there is something i don't understand about 'AcroRd32Info.exe' maybe because of my english. I have installed the full version of Reader and I don't have AcroRd32Info.exe running on my system. it doesn't even launch itself when i start adobe reader. that's why i don't get it when you talk about this. Do you think it's because i'm on vista x64 bit ?

Also shark i did not test your release yet. so far on my tweaking on AcroRead.msi of reader I have removed the 'MoveFile' table with Orca and in result I go down to 98mo on my hdd instead of 198mo by default because the setup file are not copied.

there is something i don't understand about 'AcroRd32Info.exe' maybe because of my english. I have installed the full version of Reader and I don't have AcroRd32Info.exe running on my system. it doesn't even launch itself when i start adobe reader. that's why i don't get it when you talk about this. Do you think it's because i'm on vista x64 bit ?

Also shark i did not test your release yet. so far on my tweaking on AcroRead.msi of reader I have removed the 'MoveFile' table with Orca and in result I go down to 98mo on my hdd instead of 198mo by default because the setup file are not copied.

Acrobat Reader 8.1.2 is installed on my laptop with Vista Home OS.

As you point out 'AcroRd32Info.exe' does not appear to load as a "Process" or a "Service" with Vista.

Interestingly I copied version 8.1.2 of 'AcroRd32Info.exe' from my laptop and placed it in the appropriate directory on my XP computer running Shark's version of Abobe Reader 9.0 and the error messages in Event Viewer stopped.

'AcroRd32Info.exe' loads as a Process (20,336k) but unloads in about 30 seconds. It does in fact load when I open an Explorer folder containing a PDF file.

Regards!

IJM,

You made one "dummy" when you create the fake exe. My hope was the error was just logged on decom logs and out of event viewer. For what I had learned, this "process" is some sort of prefetcher and the people who really care about this sort of behavior hate this thing.

Any way its better some red marks on the ev than that application starting on our back. Less one, I hope...

Thanks.

Guest Adobe.Inc

Good Job!Thanks.

I edit some appearance and something in the lite version.

I only edit English Version...~

7-zip:

Rapid Share

Live Share

Exe(Extra...):

Rapid Share

Live Share

EDITTED by Shark007 - to give notice, there is no need to post the same information twice, i deleted your other post.

also, your edits may have gotten better 'attention' if you had discuss it with me 1st and hopefully I would have agreed to use them in my releases. I do not have the time to install/compare whatever it is you changed.

If it is cosmetic only, I would not have used them anyway.

Edited by Shark007

Finnish version would be cool as well :)
Thanks Mr. Shark007.

I'm from Spain. If you wanted to make a Spanish installer, please...

*poof* there you go, i magically created brand new unreleased version of adobe reader.

cross your fingers, spin 3 times in an anti-clockise direction while saying... there's no place like home .. 3 times

now take these mythical versions and enjoy them...

shark

Filling out forms doesn't work with this Lite version. It's missing AcroForm.api from C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\plug_ins

Could you please release a version that includes AcroForm.api otherwise we cannot work with fillable PDFs.

thanks for the excellent work!

Update: you can try it on this test pdf file:

http://www.thewebjockeys.com/TheWebJockeys...Jockeys_vC5.pdf

Edited by AllNew

I've always used /sAll as the silent switch for Adobe Reader (v8 and earlier). Now I'm trying to use ar9lite_eng.exe and /sAll doesn't work. It comes up with the msiexec.exe help window. Is there a new silent install switch? I see that the installer is, in fact, unattended. But I was just wondering if it was possible to make it invisible.

Thanks for your great work, Shark. It's much appreciated!

Filling out forms doesn't work with this Lite version. It's missing AcroForm.api from C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\plug_ins

Could you please release a version that includes AcroForm.api otherwise we cannot work with fillable PDFs.

This has previously been brought to my attention. the plugin AcroForm.api does not control this.

I have not had time to look into it. pending . . .

I've always used /sAll as the silent switch for Adobe Reader (v8 and earlier). Now I'm trying to use ar9lite_eng.exe and /sAll doesn't work. It comes up with the msiexec.exe help window. Is there a new silent install switch? I see that the installer is, in fact, unattended. But I was just wondering if it was possible to make it invisible.

Thanks for your great work, Shark. It's much appreciated!

ar9lite_eng.exe /qn

but you will still see the files being extracted from the 7zip installer

if completely invisible is your goal it will have to be repackaged using a different 7z module.

shark

This has previously been brought to my attention. the plugin AcroForm.api does not control this.

I have not had time to look into it. pending . . .

It sure does. I copied AcroForm.api from a full install of v9 to the lite install folder and fillable forms now work.

It sure does. I copied AcroForm.api from a full install of v9 to the lite install folder and fillable forms now work.

thanks for testing this, and providing the information.

The user whom initially brought form filling to my attention also tested that api and stated it didnt work.

bottom line ....

if adding that api corrects the issue as you state, I will re-release all 9.0 versions with the fix intact.

I have not had time to test any of this . . . pending

shark