[Release] Adobe Reader 9.0 Lite

Shark007

Hi shark007.

I didn't notice this until today: I used you english version uncompressed. But i just reformatted my laptop and when making some changes to my vistaUA DVD, i used the silent exe you are distributing. At the end of the installation i got a message that prompt me about rebooting. Is this normal?

With the uncompressed files i didn't got it.

thanks, ajua.

Hi shark007.

I didn't notice this until today: I used you english version uncompressed. But i just reformatted my laptop and when making some changes to my vistaUA DVD, i used the silent exe you are distributing. At the end of the installation i got a message that prompt me about rebooting. Is this normal?

With the uncompressed files i didn't got it.

thanks, ajua.

Just a guess, is it possible some other installation prior to this, installed older versions of the runtime libraries?

specifically, Microsoft.VC80.CRT version=8.0.50727.163 which installs the files, msvcm80.dll - msvcp80.dll - msvcr80.dll

A quick resolve would be to move this installer sooner than others.

shark

A quick resolve would be to move this installer sooner than others.

Well, as it was my laptop, there were lots of applications. It would be impossible to determine which installed (maybe) some runtime libraries but i was thinking about moving it to the top of the list, right after cummulative updates.

Will move it now and when i use my personal vistaUA DVD again, i will let you know.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

Hi,

1st thanks for the package it's really helpful.

I was wondering why the Attach to email option was removed ?

Oh and btw, you could try mediafire.com for hosting, it's way better then divshare or rapidshare.

Thank you.

Edited by JakeLD

• 3 weeks later...
does adobe reader 9 lite coming ?

PLEASE wait until it is available for download before requesting a Lite version.

At the time of your request and the time of this reply .. IT IS NOT EVEN AVAILABLE YET !

thanks for wasting my time..

shark

the install runs in Arabic but the menu is in English !!!!

Any help

when I need to teach people to use the software they chose to install onto their computer - intro to handholding 101

On a clean installation from re-authored installation media, I believe it will default to the installer language,

but for a desktop installation...

After installation .. from the menu's

Edit

Preferences

International <--- set it here

shark

• 2 weeks later...

Security Update available for Adobe Reader and Acrobat 8.1.2

http://www.adobe.com/support/security/bull.../apsb08-15.html

A critical vulnerability has been identified in Adobe Reader and Acrobat 8.1.2. This vulnerability would cause the application to crash and could potentially allow an attacker to take control of the affected system.

Adobe recommends users of Acrobat 8 and Adobe Reader install the 8.1.2 Security Update 1 patch.

A critical vulnerability has been identified in Adobe Reader and Acrobat 8.1.2. This vulnerability would cause the application to crash and could potentially allow an attacker to take control of the affected system.

Adobe recommends users of Acrobat 8 and Adobe Reader install the 8.1.2 Security Update 1 patch.

Shark recommends that if you are using a Lite version, ignore the update.

The Lite versions that I release are not vunerable to this exploit.

The plugin affected was removed during the Lite'ing process.

shark

does adobe reader 9 lite coming ?

PLEASE wait until it is available for download before requesting a Lite version.

At the time of your request and the time of this reply .. IT IS NOT EVEN AVAILABLE YET !

thanks for wasting my time..

shark

Hi Shark007,

Adobe Reader v9.0 is out!

http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/9.x/9.0/enu/AdbeRdr90_en_US.exe

What are you waiting?

:thumbup:hello:

Edited by payday