[Release] Adobe Reader 9.0 Lite

Shark007

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Shark,

a little update about my request for an installer able to update older versions:

I recently installed your Adobe Lite package on some old PCs with Reader 7.x already installed.

I noticed that, in this scenario, your installer didn't give the "another version already present" message but upgrades it without any question.

I checked better and I found that the installer automatically remove older version (launching uninstaller in silent mode, I guess) and then installing new one without user prompting.

Is it possible to also have the same behaviour for systems with a 8.x version installed? :)

Thanks a lot

Edited by provolino

Can someone please tell me what the difference is between the English USA and English Extreme USA versions? I have scanned several pages of this thread but don't see an explanation. I really didn't want to read all 12 pages of this thread.

hi to all..i would like to integrate this program in my windows unattended....I would like to launch it with silent switcher form application.bat: could you tell me how to do that. I think i should extraxt the 7z archive and than use a switch with the exe file installer right??? thank you for your help! i've tryed also to integrate the 7z with nlite but it says "file not supported"

Edited by phantom2

Can someone please tell me what the difference is between the English USA and English Extreme USA versions? I have scanned several pages of this thread but don't see an explanation. I really didn't want to read all 12 pages of this thread.
The extreme version is not fully standalone although the missing files (microsoft runtime libraries removed to reduce size)

are installed by many other programs and have been removed from this installation.

hi to all..i would like to integrate this program in my windows unattended....I would like to launch it with silent switcher form application.bat: could you tell me how to do that. I think i should extraxt the 7z archive and than use a switch with the exe file installer right??? thank you for your help! i've tryed also to integrate the 7z with nlite but it says "file not supported"
The only reason the files are in a 7z archive is that the distribution site does not allow executable files.

To install these files unattendedly, simply cause the exe to be executed, no switch required.

shark

The extreme version is not fully standalone although the missing files (microsoft runtime libraries removed to reduce size)

are installed by many other programs and have been removed from this installation.

The only reason the files are in a 7z archive is that the distribution site does not allow executable files.

To install these files unattendedly, simply cause the exe to be executed, no switch required.

shark

so i have to extract the file and install it throug application.bat without switch right???

Hello Shark007, I had just recently known about your awesome addon and what it can do to shrink my uacd further, although I am having problems integrating it as an addon. How can I make your acrobat lite installer into an addon? I tried wordup48's method but my UACD ends up looking for the ar811lite.exe file. Any suggestions to resolve the issue? Tried doing it twice but still the same, it looks for the file that exists where its supposed to be. I checked in i386/svcpack and sure enough, the ar811lite_eng.exe file was there.

Below are the entries_ar811lite_eng.ini file settings:

[general]

builddate=12/21/2007

description=Installs Adobe Reader 8.1.1

language=English

title=Adobe Reader

version=8.1.1

website=http://www.msfn.org/

[GUIRUNONCE]

%windir%\ar811lite_eng.exe

cmd /c del /Q/F %windir%\ar811lite_eng.exe

[dosnet_files]

d1,ar811lite_eng.exe

[txtsetup_files]

ar811lite_eng.exe = 1,,,,,,,1,0,0

Thanks!!!

Can you make a Portuguese (Brazil) Extreme version? Please! :unsure::)

The extreme editions aren't for everyone. They are missing Microsoft Runtime libraries and updater plugins. For most people these runtime libraries are installed by many other applications so removing them from this installer isnt noticed. Without these libraries, the program would fail to run.

I'll consider your request.

Please note that I use dialup to access the internet. It may be some time before I post your requested edition (or anything for that matter). I intend to rewrite the entire collection of files (languages) because I forgot to remove some shortcuts from the startup folder on the startmenu.

pending . . .

shark

I intend to rewrite the entire collection of files (languages) because I forgot to remove some shortcuts from the startup folder on the startmenu.

shark

First of all thanks for considering this rework :)

If you can, please make the installers able to remove other Adobe versions if installed (check my previous post numbero 228 for details, http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...t&p=718851)

• 2 weeks later...

what are (filenames) these Microsoft Runtime libraries in question missing from lite extreme (so I can check beforehand if I already got them)? And are they available as separate d/l from MS (distributable)?