[Release] Adobe Reader 9.0 Lite

Shark007

I'm new to these things.. I'd like to try the Acrobat Reader silent install but the "Main Repository" link is broken, or unreachable...

The main repository and the mirror are 2 totally different sites although they share an identical blocklist. Your domain/ISP may have been added to the blocklist. If anyone from your ISP was attempting to direct link to my repositories the entire ISP gets blocked. I check server statistics twice daily and any suspicious activity gets permanantly blocked. This will not change.

If you state what version (language specific) you seek, I'll upload it to a free file server for you.

shark

If you state what version (language specific) you seek, I'll upload it to a free file server for you.

shark

I'm looking for the Italian version of AReader, but i dont mean to bother you. It was only for testing purpose, so if you can't upload it elsewhere i'll just give it up :hello:

A little tip:

If you, like me, prefer to have a completely silent installation, then you can just use '7zSplit.exe' to split the SFX installer into there original seperate components, i.e. 'archive.7z', 'config.txt' and '7zS(D).sfx' and then just change the 'RunProgram=' command line from e.g. '/qb' to '/qn'(if dealing with '.msi' installers), and then also add GUIMode="2" and re-join the SFX installer from the command prompt with the moded '7ZSD.sfx'(if the SFX installer dosen't use it allready). Also, you can repack the 7z archive and delete 'msistub.exe'(if it's included), since the modified SFX module can run '.msi' installers directly from 'RunProgram='. I am personally going to do this to shark's great 'Adobe Reader 8.0 Lite' and 'Sun JRE 6.0 Update 1' switchless installers before i add them to my 'XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\' folder.

'7zSplit.exe' and the moded '7ZSD.sfx' download location (in russian) :

http://7zsfx.solta.ru/downloads_RU.html

Edited by Martin H

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, Shark, did I say thank you? I didn't? Okay, I'm saying it now. THANK YOU! I really appreciate the work you've done. I install a fair number of machines in German and the German version came in handy. Your other downloads are also great. Thanks again! :^)

Hey, Shark, did I say thank you? I didn't? Okay, I'm saying it now. THANK YOU! I really appreciate the work you've done. I install a fair number of machines in German and the German version came in handy. Your other downloads are also great. Thanks again! :^)

:thumbup because you made me smile and Thanks for the recognition.

shark

I haven't tried your Lite version yet, Shark. I'll check it out. But honestly, it'd have to be pretty darn good in order for me to give up Foxit.

I mean, good work, but... just sayin'. ;)

Edited by RaGhul