[Release] Adobe Reader 9.0 Lite

Shark007

Dutch version still doesnt work right.

When clicking on a link to a PDF file it takes a long time before it loads.

Thats ok...

But it says it cant open it and asks me to save it to open from there.

Sounds like the same problem as 0d14r3 has

Edited by sp00f

I was dowload the last version - February 17 - of Acrobat Portugues BR Lite and try open your file test but also have the browser problem.

Could you 2 please check to see if you have any files named EWH32.* in the folder...

%ProgramFiles%\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\plug_ins ... Thanks

shark

Edited by Shark007

Hi Shark,

The file exist in the folder and more the Acrobat Reader is working fine.

The history:

in february 17 I have download the Acrobat in Portuguese Br from www.sharksfiles.com and its not work;

in february 24 I again download the Acrobat file but from www.jtow.net/~triess/index.htm and now its work without problem.

I do not have explication for this fact.

I do not have more the download file from february 17 for comparation wiht download file february 24.

Actually I have do an addon install from svcpack with file and its work (install/uninstall) without problem.

Thanks for all.

0d14r3

I was dowload the last version - February 17 - of Acrobat Portugues BR Lite and try open your file test but also have the browser problem.

Could you 2 please check to see if you have any files named EWH32.* in the folder...

%ProgramFiles%\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\plug_ins ... Thanks

shark

No

Edited by sp00f

Hey Shark007 how about a tutorial for Adobe and JRE ;)

I'll consider it - time permitting, and ONLY if it can be done with Orca. I see no need to create a tutorial for an expensive product like AdminStudio etc. because in my opinion, if you bought it, you should probably already know how to use it.

Dutch version updated March 4, 2007

shark

Hi Shark, i have problems when open a PDF from Firefox (it appears an error after a minute) but it only happens when I'm using your spanish ar8 lite version (date at 5-02-07), i don't have problems with english and emetre edition AR8 lite.

Regards

Edited by JaCk0es

I also have it, Spanish version, and works perfect on Firefox 2.0.0.2!!! It only takes the time to connect to the server and download the PDF file.

Shark007 the last spanish version you posted works fine.

JaCk0es try to download it again. Uninstall your previous version, reboot, install the new one and try to open a PDF file from a fast server. It works fine...

I also have it, Spanish version, and works perfect on Firefox 2.0.0.2!!! It only takes the time to connect to the server and download the PDF file.

Shark007 the last spanish version you posted works fine.

JaCk0es try to download it again. Uninstall your previous version, reboot, install the new one and try to open a PDF file from a fast server. It works fine...

JaCk0es, that installer was last updated on February 17, 2007

as Annita says, redownload and try again... i have fixed this error already.

Annita, once again, thank you for taking the time to post :thumbup

Shark, sorry for my request: can you post svcpack compatible installers for Acrobat 8? :)

Have you tried it with the one posted?

I just said it wasnt compatible because i havent tested the method.

I know it will install from svcpack, but what may fail is uninstall.

I also know they work fine from runonceex because i use this method.

And no, I won't be trying to make it compatible if it fails.

shark

thanks shark, I tried from svcpack and you are right, installation works fine but uninstallation fails....

from runonceex all works fine :)

P.S.

I'm having a little problem with italian version: check for update doesn't work, if I select it from "?" menù nothing happens... can you check that please?

thanks

I'm having a little problem with italian version: check for update doesn't work, if I select it from "?" menù nothing happens...
The update feature is a removed item. I suggest you try the download from Adobe.

That will give you a full featured viewer with nothing stripped out.

My installers are NOT meant for desptop use, they are meant to add to an unattended CD.

In this instance space is precious and every kb counts.

If a user needs a full featured reader they can uninstall my version and install the FULL version.

shark

Hi Shark, I have to say you have done a FANTASTIC job with this AR lite thingy... it get rids of all those stupid yahoo popups and many other annoying programs.

Would it be possible to release the AR8Lite Extreme that works in Windows 2003 SP2?

Thank you very very much