[Release] Adobe Reader 9.0 Lite

Shark007

I know this is not svcpack compatible, but can I make the switchless installer into an addon and then just integrate it using nlite. I am pretty new to all this, so I would appreciate the help. Thank you, wordup48

A perfect example for you to learn from is my integration file offered for the codec package. There is a link to it in the 1st post of the codec package thread. It contains a switchless installer executed after 1st boot. It will be easy for you to use that as a template to do this on your own.

shark

Ok, thanks Shark. I have modified it and it looks like this. Does this look correct?

[general] 
builddate=12/08/2006
description=Installs Adobe Reader 8.0.
language=English - by adding this transforms directive to the 1ST command below like this; %windir%\vcpack.exe transforms=1033.mst //replacing the 1033 with your localization code, you can localize the installation
title=Adobe Reader
version=8.0
website=http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=88167

[GUIRUNONCE]
%windir%\AR8Lite_ENG.exe
cmd /c del /Q/F %windir%\AR8Lite_ENG.exe

[dosnet_files]
d1,AR8Lite_ENG.exe

[txtsetup_files]
AR8Lite_ENG.exe = 1,,,,,,,1,0,0

Thanks in advance. I pretty much left everything as it was, and just changed the filename. I'm not sure if I needed to do anything else?

wordup48

Ok, thanks Shark. I have modified it and it looks like this. Does this look correct?

Thanks in advance. I pretty much left everything as it was, and just changed the filename. I'm not sure if I needed to do anything else?

wordup48

delete the language string, and you're good to go. nice job for a 1st try :thumbup

shark

The edges around the bright red area are jagged. I don't know if that matters to you, but it looks odd to me.

What jagged edges? :whistle: (insert evil laughter here)

To share this one with others, I'll explain:

When I posted v8 on my repository, the icon image i used was extremely poor.

Dumpy hotlinked that image when making the above posting.

I replaced the poor image on my repository with a higher resolution image,

which subsequently changed the image in Dumpy's post.

shark

@Shark007: could you make AR 8.0 EN "even-more-like", similar to one made for 7.0.8 by Vid0 here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...p;p=513735&

(compare yours AR 7.0.8 Lite and his - his has even less files/features left yet works ok for me. His is 6.25MB, yours is 7.95MB - please compare files inside both installer - his has fewer files).

TIA!

ps there's also 7.0.8a out - I'd appreciate Lite version of it, too (Vid0 style prefereably - with the same file choice).

Edited by tsk

@Shark007: could you make AR 8.0 EN "even-more-like", similar to one made for 7.0.8 by Vid0 here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...p;p=513735&

(compare yours AR 7.0.8 Lite and his - his has even less files/features left yet works ok for me. His is 6.25MB, yours is 7.95MB - please compare files inside both installer - his had fewer files).

TIA!

ps there's also 7.0.8a out - I'd appreciate Lite version of it, too (Vid0 style prefereably - with the same file choice).

Sorry, i am not Vid0 and my installation is quite different.

I'm sure he/she will eventually release a version for you to use since that is what you prefer.

Currently I have no knowledge of 708a, and will only look into it if it is for a language other than english, and v8 is not available in the given language.

shark