KILL THE IE WHOLE

XtremeFuturistic

I DO come up with a small question here -- but it means a lot of knowledge already. SO pls help me out in some more Lengthy details pls. :thumbup

Ya, want to see no IE in my system. I mean, no IE + no IE core lurking any deep in my explorer.

1) How to do that?? Pls tell me all details, i just cant get enough of it out. :realmad::crazy:

2) + If I do completely remove ie ( Deep core as well ), wud i be ever able to install IE (7 or 6) onto my pc or wud that be mission Impossible for me?

Just I wud like to mean that i wont need IE for my use, but if i wud ever have to install it in long future, ..... wud i be able to do in this new stripped version of my NEW OS??? .

That by obviously, by downloading the ie7 setup fr microsoft.com or somewhere fr internet?

3) Sorry guys, i ask too many...... Pls tell me more - is ie7 really better than ie6 sp2 - Security + Memory usage + Crash proof etc. etc.

Pls help all u guys. I am needin this all junk to be removed. :angel

Edited by XtremeFuturistic

100% concur. What is your OS?

Let me say this about removing IE... if you are asking about removing it and then in the very next sentence you are asking about installing IE7 at some unknown point in the future, then this means you really DON'T want to have an IE-free system, you only think you do.

I have a theory that says that people who install without any IE whatsoever and then go and hunt down and delete all IE registry keys are only a stone's throw away from using Linux, whether they know it at the time or not...

Edited by fdv

100% concur. What is your OS?

Let me say this about removing IE... if you are asking about removing it and then in the very next sentence you are asking about installing IE7 at some unknown point in the future, then this means you really DON'T want to have an IE-free system, you only think you do.

I have a theory that says that people who install without any IE whatsoever and then go and hunt down and delete all IE registry keys are only a stone's throw away from using Linux, whether they know it at the time or not...

SO WHAT ??

SO Lets begin u with this - My OS is Win XP SP2.

n WHAT > U SAY NOT SURE ??? Well mate, my whole ambition is to keep my system, most fastest, out of Bloatware. I think i made this pretty obvious already mate.

Secondly to reply u, i wud tell u that IE has been so talked about n such a big whole issue in the Whole Windows setup, that if u try to remove it absolutely, u must be pretty prepared for the future as well. U shud be good to knowledge with all the things u can do later, to bring sanity to ur system, if anything has to be seen as Future-Proof.

Think thatS the way it IS..

if u plan to install ie7 in the future ...u dont want to keep your system without bloatware....u just contradict yourself.

:D:D

but i seems firefox too have some ie core related issues

i cannot get firefix gui, only the process is running(infer from taskmgr)

only sucess with opera

the problem with opera is that i doesnt support some pages with full accessibility

(eg. Gmail,M$ connect)

Seems, i have caught multiple radio stations from somewhere.

I think, if everyone wud rather try to look at the simple 3 questions - which was the whole intent to open this topic, we wud have a better thread here. Everyone here is in his own boat.

Lets cool it guys!

The speed argument is pointless: you won't lose performance if you keep IE installed. You lose performance only for background applications and services, not for applications that you decide when to launch and when not like IE. Also some windows functionalities won't work without IE.

Agreed, with XP there is not a huge advantage of going without IE.

Windows 2000 benefits the most from not having IE.

if everyone wud rather try to look at the simple 3 questions - which was the whole intent to open this topic, we wud have a better thread here.

1. Use nLite to remove IE and the core. You can go into REGEDIT and further remove any entries dealing with IE and it's DLLs. Because of the way XP's registry works, removing IE keys would not have much of an impact. Windows 2000's registry works differently (the whole thing is loaded, XP's is paged).

2. Once IE is removed, you cannot add it back. You would have to reinstall XP.

3. IE 7 is better than IE6.

Windows 2000 SP4 Pro Select Edition (no updates)

IE Removed

WMP Removed

Explorer Removed

to bad i had to migrate on XP for some "audio" reasons, 2k worked perfect, never crashed, defenitely the best OS micro$oft ever worked out