[Release] Windows Sidebar AddOn

ricktendo

Thanks for your help Rick, I acutally checked there, but when I saw 1.2.3.4 I thought it must have been nonsense :)

I think I've got the latest already. I'll wait for b3... I discovered the slideshow works okay if I drag it off the sidebar, so that's okay for now... cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Updated Sidebar AddOn:

- Improved INF Uninstall script

- Updated iClock and Live Clock

- Added Negative CPU, BBC Radio and JoeJoe.org Gadgets

- New Seperate ATL.DLL AddOn that makes Sidebar Compatible with both XP and 2k3

- Added hacked wlsrvc.dll to fix problem with the Weather gadget not working for some

Follow the link in my sig

hi rick! i have Wireless LAN API (KB918997 ver 6.0.0) integrated via HFSLIP ... do i still need to use Ricks_WLanAPI-KB918997_AddOn_v3.7z (ver 5.1.2600.3024)? i likewise have Ricks_VAIOXP-b2r3.4_AddOn_v1.1 integrated via nLite ... problem is i once in a while get this error: This application has failed to start because vADVAPI32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem. ... would there be any specific order of required addons to prevent this error from coming up? i already had this working well before so i was surprised getting the same error pop-up ... :( thanks!

Edited by Kiki Burgh

[NEW!!!] Vista RTM Sidebar v2.4 [Apr-08-07]

- No. If you use HFSLIP to slip the wlan api hotfix then I guess you don't need the addon also

- The error your getting I think its VAIO... Make sure it was installed and after you install it go into Add/Remove Programs to the Windows Sidebar Uninstaller and hit the Change button (it re-registers the sidebar EXE and DLL files)

- Does not matter what order you integrate the addons, only Windows Sidebar Styler needs to detect dotnet 2.0 or above or else the install will fail, but this is totally unrelated and has nothing to do with your prob

thanks rick for the confirmation ... i maybe wrong but i simply changed the order of integration of all your Sidebar addons + required addons via nLite and it worked great ... set sidebar 1st then followed by VAIO, then fonts + sidebar games + gadget installer ... voila! sidebar working again ... thanks for the tip about re-registering it via add/remove programs ... for those who might encounter the same concern, this will certainly help! jsut sharing .... thanks!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...