[Release] Windows Sidebar AddOn

ricktendo

Install IE7 and WMP11 then tell me if that helped

Also try dragging and dropping wlsrvc.dll and sbdrop.dll into the regsvr32.exe executable in the same folder (tell me if they registered successfully)

Edited by ricktendo64

OK... Use 7zip to uncompress the .Gadget file to a sub folder, then copy it to the Gadgets or Shared Gadgets folder and add .Gadget to the end of the extracted gadget folder name

Edited by ricktendo64

hey rick! :) i just wanted to share to some readers that most of the discussions here have also been brought to light here: [updated] Vista RTM Sidebar v2.2 *Updated 02-09-07* & here: [AddOn] Windows Vista RTM Sidebar XP/2k3, Updated! 2k3 and XP AddOns - 02-09-2007 ... well, of course everyone who downloaded this are already aware of this link ... ;)

Edited by Kiki Burgh

Updated the XP Sidebar and VAIO XP AddOns

Sidebar and VAIO changes are minor, removed Wireless gadget and added Black CPU Meter and I removed WLan API hotfix from the VAIO addon for RVM UpdatePack users

Links are in my Signature

• 2 weeks later...

rick im having this problem:

Q: The Gadgets don't work; the Clock Gadget is black, only shows the glass and the second hand

- Run this CMD file to fix it Attached File RegSidebar.rar ( 240bytes ) Number of downloads: 5

however i cannot register your site, some kind of DB error for the security images.

additionally the older versions of the file i have found don't work (vaio in diff folder changed it and it still didn't work)

please let me know what i should do or what you need to help more

rick im having this problem:

Q: The Gadgets don't work; the Clock Gadget is black, only shows the glass and the second hand

- Run this CMD file to fix it Attached File RegSidebar.rar ( 240bytes ) Number of downloads: 5

however i cannot register your site, some kind of DB error for the security images.

additionally the older versions of the file i have found don't work (vaio in diff folder changed it and it still didn't work)

please let me know what i should do or what you need to help more

DOT DOT DOT

ok after 3 restarts i went to bed... got up this morning.... sidebar works....??!!?!? and no i didnt do anything else after i restarted it.... all it needed was rest..... or something like that.... very weird.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, my sidebar is working great! Thanks a lot for your hard work Rick. Just wondering about the SlideShow gadget though - it only shows the top left part of every picture, is this normal? I'd rather it shrank the picture to fit, how can I get it to do this...Thanks

Hi Rick,

How can I tell what version of VAIO I've currently got? Is there a particular DLL whose version that will give it away?

Also, on that link you posted, there's an installer for the Sidebar, was that what I should download and run? I'm a bit confused though because it says it requires VAIO b2, but you wrote VAIO b3 should solve my dramas....?

Thanks mate