[Release] Windows Sidebar AddOn

ricktendo

Do you have .Net Framework 3.0 the 50 megabite one?

Here try these skins and tell me if they work Download

EDIT: @Frozen I FIXED the Fonts Issue With nLite Uploading v1.1 NOW

I renamed simhei to simheia but after it gets copied to the fonts folder it will be renamed back to simhei so now no more nLite worries

simheia.ttf = 100,,,,,,,22,0,0,simhei.ttf,1,22
Edited by ricktendo64

Ok Rick.. i thought i already got the Dotnet 3.0 but therefore i UNINSTALLED it.. then i installed the Dotnet from YOUR LINK.. and it was the same like i had before! I downloaded the skins.. but i don't know what to do with them -> i couldn't find a place where to put them? Somewhere @ the WSS? Or programs/windows sidebar? Please tell me.. cause this BLACK BG sucks HARD!

LOL i am no noob.. i know how to open a *.RAR ;)

BUT -> I added your files to the Sample Styles.. they appear there in the list but they DO NOT appear in the WSS where i can change the styles..

but all time i want to change the style, he asks me if i want to close the sidebar.. blabla i click ya i want to close the sidebar, then the sidebar RESTARTS and WSS tells me, that the Style has been changed.

BUT -> i can't see a change! U want to get a Screenshot of that?

fast reply please rick.. i love u for your help!

EDIT: -> Ok.. i found out, that i can apply the styles manually, but they aren't displayed in the WSS.. but when i rightclick one of your styles and then click apply to windows sidebar -> the message appears that the style has eben applied.. the sidebar loads, but the style has NOT changed :D Still everything is black!

Edited by Compl3xity

i fixed the problem my way ;) It was a configuration fault by ULTRAMON cause i am using 3 Desktops ;) And this Software was unable to show the transparency.. but i fixed it now ;)

Thanks for ya help.. this was a f***ing fault!

Edited by Compl3xity

Rick can you PM the old one to me? because I just had to install this one because I just formatted and now... the sidebar is just a plane black with no gradience like before and now I also have to download the styler for it to even work properly and I hate downloading other apps to get something to work properly because you have to fiddel with them for like half hour and it also no offense the the maker but I really do not like that styler at all, all it does is change some skins if you don't like the old one... The old one had that lovely gradience like the real bar, I can't do this in the styler. :(

Edited by FrozenBlade

You don't have to install the old one, Just go to wincert and download the Skin Patches I attached to My Post

I included 9 different Skins in 2 Variations for a total of 18 Skin Choices and a Virgin sidebar.exe for skin patching, then you just copy and overwrite the old sidebar.exe in %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar then you patch and run vista executable and your skin and vaio patched sidebar is done

You can also repack your preferred skin back into the addon, just make sure its been skin and vaio patched before you repack it into sidebar.cab in my addon

Keep applying and trying skin patches to the sidebar.exe untill you find one you like (I like the None skin)

You might have to register @WinCert to view and download the atachment, I tried ataching it to the post here above but only 200K is allowed

Hey dudes I made a auto addon maker for your WSS Skin and default Gadget settings

It will grab the config files of Windows Sidebar and Windows Sidebar Styler and it will create a custom addon of those files so when you boot you will have them by default

Download: http://www.sokoolz.com/addons/r64/SidebarS..._Auto_AddOn.rar

MD5: 118D35FB72355BFA9BDE50EB868F823D (Uncompressed)

Size: 494 KB

Edited by ricktendo64