[Release] Windows Sidebar AddOn

ricktendo

Extract my addon and install svcpack\vFonts (segoui and calibri fonts)

Now to install the Sidebar manually right click on Sidebar.inf and select install

It will give you an error all you have to do is browse to Sidebar.cab and select OK twice (it gives an error cause its looking for the i386 folder)

Wait for the sidebar to get installed and then copy Sidebar.inf to C:\WINDOWS\inf (If you want to be able to uninstall)

Thats it, its that easy now reboot to allow the files to get registered (this happens automatically) and nJoy

Edited by ricktendo64

The image you are seeing there is my Ultimate XP made out of XP Pro, it is running on a VM, it has Tablet PC and Media Center installed, I will intergrate WMP 11 and the other things later but would MC or Tablet interfeer with the sidebar?

PS: Thanks for the links, I will download them all now.

EDIT: Tried it on the VM and my real computer and I get the same error. :(

EDIT 2: Forgot to mension, I can't seem to download the VAIOXP thing there is no link to any files?

Edited by FrozenBlade

I don't mean for you to take this the wrong way but, how can you call this an update? by the look of the changelog all you have actually done is pulled things from it and split them into even more chunks meaning people have to download more parts to get it working.

EDIT:

I decided to try that font pack and it corrupts my Windows Install saying that it can't copy one of the files...

Edited by FrozenBlade

What you said worked but what do you mean by "Deal with it" I for one can easily peice this together now but what about for the people that have no clue about silent installing the heap of stuff you need to actually get the sidebar working?

I am sure a lot of other people don't want to run around websites trying to fit together the Jigsaw which is this sidebar, can't you pack it all into one? except maybe for the API Lan update from Microsoft.

Most people just want an addon that just 'works' It just get's put into Nlite and that's it, no other things to do.

Its only 3 addons VAIO, Sidebar and Fonts

Look the sidebar addon consists of nearly 1000 files dude im just trying to make the thing easier on ME, plus I got a really slow connection and how I keep updating so much then the small filesize its very good for me in that sense also

So if you want a AIO just use your knowledge and a little cut and paste and your are golden

Im gonna see about making a fontinstaller addon for you guys (Silent Switch Font AddOn)

Hey guys..

I installed all of the named tools like -> WMP11, IE7, WLAN API, dotNET 3.0, VAIOXP and the Sidebar itself..

The Sidebar works perfectly, i can add Gadgets and so on everything allright! But i have a little last Problem -> my Sidebarbackground is totally BLACK! And i can't change it! I downloaded the WSS.. SidebarStyler 2.0 which you should all know, but i can't change anything with it!

I ask you guys if you can help me or tell me what i did wrong! I hate the BLACK bg.. this sucks, i want a transparent bg like i had it before ;)

So far.. kindly regards