New version seems to be buggy...

Greg00pl

I found out that CD/DVD built by newest verison of nLite cannot be run properly... even without any changes CD won't boot (just building ISO from original sources)... old versions work fine... any ideas ?

I try to change boot image by extracting boot image from oryginal CD and adding it to nLite ISO with no results...

(sorry for my english... i know it's tragic)

EDIT: I'v worked on WinXP SP2 + newest Autopatcher XP...

Edited by Greg00pl

Greg00pl, in that case please find CDIMAGE.EXE on the net, copy it into the nLite folder and remake ISO (no need to apply changes, just ISO page if you already have modified folder) with ISO Engine set to CDImage.

You can also use mkisofs.exe too.

Let me know how it goes.

Also try burning at lower speeds and if it's RW try full erase.

OK I'll try change CDIMAGE.EXE...

And maybe I should explain what I tryed to do...

I've been tryed to make ISO using nLite and original (untoutch) sources (I found topic where somebody has problem with making ISO, when sources are on different partition then nLite - It doesn't make any difference), i've tested ISO on VMWARE and it doesnt work (the same happend after burning ISO on CD it)... after that I've tryied to make ISO and replace booting image from original WinXP CD - still with no effect... every time just after "Press any key to boot from CD..." computer reboots...

I'll try to make ISO after change the iso engine, but if it still won't work i belive that is something wrong with rebuiding files...

I'm having the same problems. 13 tries on 4 different machines, 13 coasters .....

Machine configs:

eMachines M6805 laptop, XP Home SP2, 768mb, 120gb, Internal CD, EZCD 7 Installed, CDImage installed (tried both)

Intel D875PBZ, 2.8c, 2gb, 500gb sata x 4, Plextor PX708 writer, TDK CD Writer, XPPro SP2, fresh manual build, CDImage, mkisfofs, no other cd software (or ANY other software, actually ... :)

Dell PW, 2 x 3.4, 2 x 320, Hitachi (Dell) DVD drive, XPPro SP2, Nero 7, CDImage, mkisofs

Asus A7N8X Deluxe, Ath 3200, 2gb, 2 x 200 Sata, Pioneer DVD710, LiteOn DVD writer, XPPro SP2, Alcohol 120%, CDImage, mkisofs

I added CDImage to each machine to retry after normal ISO creation failed and after also trying mkisofs on them. I also verified that patches are current on every machine for both the OS and any installed CD software. I initially tried with Virtual PC 2004 and failed, thought it might be a problem there, so I started burning coasters instead ...

This looks like a really useful product if only it actually worked for me. Docs are pretty sparse, but ISO creation is pretty straightforward.

The source CD boots fine in all the test machines, and I can successfully create bootable ISOs on all 4 machines if I don't involve nLite at all. I've even tried just using a couple tweaks and not integrate anything and generated an ISO to no avail. Machine boots, say NTDETECT failed and reboots each time, no matter what machine creates it, or which machine boots it. I've checked these threads, as well as threads on a few other sites and tried any ideas to no avail. Doesn't matter if I create ISO or burn straight up.

Any ideas?

thanks!