Possible 1.2.1 WMI bug?

pauluk83

hi all i have tryed with warious configs and various options, using a clean scorce, intigrate ryanvm update packs or without, but i still get the same errors.

once the install compleats and i try to use WMI or anything that relies on it, (like xo firewall) i get a message saying something like wmi is currpt and cannot start i will try to get a screanshot in vmware. also i keep getting weird messages like when using msconfig. ""An access denied error was returned while attempting to change a service you may need to log on using an administrator account to make the specified changes" but i am loged into the admin account.

i have tryed even to repair and rebuild the wmi bits using Rebuilding the WMI Repository

i will try and dig out the last settions and grab a screenshot, but any help would be useful

Edited by pauluk83

I googled the msconfig error and it pointed to a Zonealarm issue. Not sure if this helps you though. I've also read that update packs can cause issues and you have tons of those. Maybe just try integrating windows hotfixes and essentials first of all. I had problems with the latest 1.2.1 and went back to 1.0.1 which worked fine.

Best of luck mate.

I googled the msconfig error and it pointed to a Zonealarm issue. Not sure if this helps you though. I've also read that update packs can cause issues and you have tons of those. Maybe just try integrating windows hotfixes and essentials first of all. I had problems with the latest 1.2.1 and went back to 1.0.1 which worked fine.

Best of luck mate.

i dont have zonealarm, i have tryed with just nliting and no update packs. the msconfig pro i dont care too much about its minor the main problem is the WMI problem