Vista GUI not completely updated

larsony

Look at the white jagged edges in the windows firewall icon..

Why isn't the blue 16-color battery icon updated in device manager? all other icons are updated though.

Why still the old 16-color win95 regedit icon when a new 32-color one is present in the executable file (in xp anyway, still it's not being used there either).

It's pretty amazing how a big corporation with 70.000 employees couldn't fix these small issues that would take 5 minutes to fix through resource hacker (could do it myself if i only could disable that **** windows resource protection). The product has been in development for 5 years.

I'm sure there are a lot of other small things that needs to be taken care of, like the install font manager that has win 3.0 icons still, i have feelings these things wont be fixed in future updates either, as windows xp had TONS of small gui issues, and still today 5 years after its release there still there.

post-117462-1165169815_thumb.jpg

post-117462-1165169835_thumb.jpg

Edited by larsony

I'm not sure what your seeing. I mean i see what your pointing out in the graphics in your post, but i'm not seeing any of that on my Vista Ultimate even when they are blown up some.

Look at the white jagged edges in the windows firewall icon..

Why isn't the blue 16-color battery icon updated in device manager? all other icons are updated though.

Why still the old 16-color win95 regedit icon when a new 32-color one is present in the executable file (in xp anyway, still it's not being used there either).

It's pretty amazing how a big corporation with 70.000 employees couldn't fix these small issues that would take 5 minutes to fix through resource hacker (could do it myself if i only could disable that **** windows resource protection). The product has been in development for 5 years.

I'm sure there are a lot of other small things that needs to be taken care of, like the install font manager that has win 3.0 icons still, i have feelings these things wont be fixed in future updates either, as windows xp had TONS of small gui issues, and still today 5 years after its release there still there.

to be honest, i'm more annoyed that they have these huge icons that no one will ever use, just taking up considerbly more space! no one vista is so huge with HD 1080i icons for everyprogram :P (alright, slight exageration, maybe) but prsonally i haven't noticed any wierd icons even when they are super enlarged, could be your video drivers?

also, i have to say, the amount of icons in windows, i'm surprised more havent' been left out!

and lastly, did you really register to this forum just to complain about vista's icons when enlarged?!

Well guys, I manage to obtain full control over the system files, and I updated the icons:

Here's the battery one in device manager (modified batt.dll in system32 folder using resource hacker).

Here's the updated registry icon!

Maybe Microsoft should hire me for their GUI team, as their current has issues :P

post-117462-1165227988_thumb.jpg

post-117462-1165228158_thumb.jpg

What about this?

activedirectoryis4.jpg

Check the New user, new group, search and other toolbar icons.

Leftpane has an old icon of Active Directory. Saved Queries has an old icon from Window NT probably. Domain Tree icon is missing..

Can you believe that this Vista costs 400$ :lol:

So you guys only look at a product through its icons/graphic resources ?

It might have taken a long time to release Vista but I don't think those kind of graphic glitches will prevent you from working with Vista at all :P

I guess that will all priorities set the shell team didn't have time to update them all. Is this more critical than fixing other bugs? I think not :no:

Everybody can complain about a new version of an OS and there will always be people who are never happy about any release and will always try to find the imperfections in a product.

What really matters to me are the features and the real bugs.