not able to upload

hello forum people

I had a old pc that i could use as a web server .

so i instaled win98se and AppServ on it .

Now i'am trining to make a basic website whit Citydesk after i made the web site it is time to upload it to te server. but that is not posible it will not upload to it. it is saing couldn't conect to server .

i tryed and instaled a ftp server on the server and trying to conect to it whit fillezilla but it is again unable to conect.

the big problem is that i do not have a extra monitor to put on the sever so itis not possible for me to work on the site from the server itself it will be updated frequently i have to upload it from my normal pc.

the server is accesible from the lan and from the internet it shows the standart page off Appserv.

what do i have to do to upload my site

server pc 350mhz 131mb of memory 5 gig hd win98se Appserv and ftp server

Hope to have all the needed info .

hope to see a solution soon.

Thanks in advance

Scorp

Hello again

i have formated my drive and instaled win2000 pro and installed xampp but nothing changes i can still not upload from a remote pc in the network is there realy nobody that can give me a hint.

Scorp

I'm not sure exactly what the problem here is. Your first post sounded like you needed to use FTP to upload files or Ultr@VNC to admin the headless box.

If xampp is running (you have to run it after it is installed) then you should be able to access Apache by visiting the IP address of that server with a web browser.

• 5 months later...