Opera 9.02 problems

jim-p

Good morning to everyone.

I encouter some webpage problems with Opera lately, but the one happened last night really bothered me A LOT.I've been using Opera for the last 2 months, so I am a bit new to the scene.It's a decent browser with features that IE users won't see in a decade or so.

My current Opera setup goes like this:

Opera 9.02 English

+Greek Translation

+Javacripts for: Image sizing + zooming, url "cleaning", "Last measure" ad website blocker and some flash transparency removal one

+Javascript On, Java On, Cookies On, SVG/GIF Animation On, Sounds on webpages On,Extensions On and Use of Proxy Servers OFF

+Disabled built-in Bittorrent and the thumbnail view of tabs

+Report browser as "Mozilla/5.0"

+Shockwave, Flash, Quicktime, Acrobat Reader plugins

+Blocked content on various images (ads mainly)

And this is what I am experiencing (lately):

-Redirection in deviantart.com not working at all! I get stuck to a dark green page with a huge advertisement on, saying "Click here to continue to deviantart" on the top-right corner.NOMATTER HOW MANY TIMES I CLICK NOTHING HAPPENS!!! java script:emoticon(':realmad:', 'smid_15')

-MSFN.org frontpage appears in Times New Roman font and it lacks ANY images. Of course all other msfn pages appear normally java script:emoticon(':}', 'smid_25')

-And the one that made me me REALLY MAD last night: I cannot access http://www.worldlingo.com/en/products_serv...translator.html at all. This is an online translator that helps me translate websites to english or greek.I used it all month and now i can't access it!! I don't get a message or something that says I can't, it just wont enter.

e.g. Lets' say i open Google, do my search, and then i decide to open Worldlingo.IT REMAINS BACK TO GOOGLE. WHYYYYYYY? java script:emoticon(':realmad:', 'smid_15')

Note that my Firefox 1.5.0.8 Greek does all of the above perfectly, but has a problem in Java/javascript and some webpages are messed up.

Any help is welcome.Thank you in advance

+Javascript On, Java On, Cookies On, SVG/GIF Animation On, Sounds on webpages On,Extensions On and Use of Proxy Servers OFF
No user that wants to stay secure should enable Javascript nor Java for all webpages. Unless you only visit a very few number of safe sites and strictly stay within those safe sites, you'll soon get yourself infected with something.
-Redirection in deviantart.com not working at all! I get stuck to a dark green page with a huge advertisement on, saying "Click here to continue to deviantart" on the top-right corner.NOMATTER HOW MANY TIMES I CLICK NOTHING HAPPENS!!! java script:emoticon(':realmad:', 'smid_15')
View the source code of the page and figure out how it's doing the redirection.
-And the one that made me me REALLY MAD last night: I cannot access http://www.worldlingo.com/en/products_serv...translator.html at all. This is an online translator that helps me translate websites to english or greek.I used it all month and now i can't access it!! I don't get a message or something that says I can't, it just wont enter.
Doesn't work for me either, but try http://babelfish.altavista.com instead.

Also the presence of raw javascript code in place of emoticons also indicates something is seriously wrong with your browser...

I thought of disabling Java and Javascript, as i have in Firefox,but it makes browsing through some pages really difficult e.g in deviantart.com i click the categories button and nothing happens!

Removing/disabling javascripts didn't work out.I willing to reinstall since it will take me a lot of time to set things up the way they are.

What is (or which is) my javascript handler?

Any new ideas?

Oh,and one more thing, why does firefox open the worldlingo url?

that wordlingo site is working fine here. although i can't translate from english to greek properly(when i typed in Corpse, i didn't get necros and when i typed in love, i didn't get philos).

i'm also using Opera 9.10 if that makes any difference(weekly build)

as for the javascript issues, try getting rid of your User javascripts. there's a high chance that they are causing the issues that you are experiancing.

Actually "corpse" means "ptoma" (noun), while "necros" translates to "dead" (adjective). On the other hand, "love" is "agapi" and "filos" means "friend" ("filia" = "friendship"). Exact translations.

I have deleted my javascripts completely yet the problems remain.Inside opera:config, under "user prefs", the value of "Browser JavaScript" is set to 2 while the default is 1. What does it do?

When something is that messed up and nothing else works, the best idea is to uninstall and reinstall the program. I doubt anyone else will want to help if you refuse to do this troubleshooting step...

(I intend no malice or friction, I am simply stating what I feel to be a given fact)

Actually "corpse" means "ptoma" (noun), while "necros" translates to "dead" (adjective). On the other hand, "love" is "agapi" and "filos" means "friend" ("filia" = "friendship"). Exact translations.

Wikipedia says that phillos and phillo means love so...

Good morning everyone.

I've had a really bad week so far.

I reinstalled opera from scratch but nothing.

I broke my left wrist.

And, on top of all, a virus infected my winlogon.exe!! I cannot logon to windows now.java script:emoticon(':realmad:', 'smid_15')

Thankfully, I found an old "live" cd of Ubuntu that helps me boot my pc and search the net for help.

The unique problem is that i can't save my data to another hdd or cdrom or usb stick.It says that the disk is read only.

Anyway that's another story. I would like to thank you all for your interest.

Have a nice day.

I have been using 9.02 (8585) all this time and have never had any of the issues you two have...

I am pretty sure the problem lies somewhere else with both of you. The virus infection is probably what happened with the OP.

Im sorry to hear about your wrist.... get well soon ok?