very disconcerting autologin problem with nLite.

Jaqie Fox

can't say much about what could cause it, but heres my super easy solution:

don't use an unattended password at all. just set the password when its finished installing, and this problem should be no more.

heres what could be the problem, and since i'm on linux right now i can't provide pictures, so just bear with me.

during a normal full installation with an untouched windows XP Professional, you enter your username/password during installation. since the Username and Full Name aren't the same, you may be getting the wrong name during installation.

now, whether or not thats correct i can't say much, its just my hypothesis. i'm no einstien, i just take care to pay attention to details.

big problem. Before I left for walmart to buy food for the month, I decided to try it without automatically entering passwords. I entered changeme manually for administrator, and the thing did the EXACT same thing. could not log in, but no warning or issue when entering the pass etc. What the heck is going on... It wont let me put no pass in there either. Ill be trying Default1 soon.

Edited by jaqie

everything worked fine with all previous versions of this nlite ISO. I removed a third user (admin and guest are still there) and set it to log in to Admin on first boot, since then it has been doing this.

OS is Windows XP SP2 RTM w/ all hotfixes.

Because it doesn't allow you to put it off until the OS has been installed. I actually have RunOnce set up to open up the 'xp-style' account manager on first boot. I want windows to be completely installed and ready to go before any input is required.