5.7 Wishlist!

What about not using an .HTA for the progress dialog (maybe something simple in .NET?)? Unfortunately after installing the cumulative IE7 hotfix (at least in my case, but another confirmed the same problem here on the WPI forum) the progress dialog crashes :(

Also no HTA means less locked windows libraries: for example IE7 and its patch could be installed without reboots if WPI wasn't using HTA files for the progress dialog.

Edited by Francesco

• 2 weeks later...

I wish there would be som option to NOT use fullscreen, but instead set a fixed resolution (without actually changing the screen resolution, though). I'm running a dual screen setup, and it's somewhat annoying having the configuration use both of them, giving me a 'crack' pretty much down the middle of things.

Can you add this function to the core.js in the next release.

I find this very handy to check the file version for whether and application must be installed or not.

function GetFileVersion(filespec)

{

position="core.js";

whatfunc="GetFileVersion()";

return fso.getfileversion(filespec);

}

Regards Lord-nikon

• 2 weeks later...

what i would persoanlyl like is somethign for when it is being used on a auto run cd. Im making one where i want different installs for different operating systems. yes i know about the selection emnu on the left.

But, what i would like is when you first load just a small screen with a button for each OS and when you click that it shows default WPI screen but with only the programs that support that OS. instead of seeing non supported ones greyed out. Would make it look more professional and less cluttered imho.

...instead of seeing non supported ones greyed out.

Yes, that would be nice: An option to hide certain items.

Not only for non supported systems, but also to allow some other preparations IF certain program's are installed...

Also the possiblity to add items to one item would be nice.

I mean something like this:

• Firefox
    • Extensions
    • FireTune

[*]Thunderbird

What I personally think would be useful is a dedicated variable for app path. It would be local for app entry and would help greatly when writing greyed out conditions for all apps. So instead of having !FileExists("%wpipath%\MyApp.exe") and Command Line 1 as "%wpipath%\MyApp.exe /S" you would have something like:

App Path = %wpipath%\MyApp.exe

Greyed Condition = !FileExists("%apppath%")

Command Line 1 = %apppath% /S

Another idea - sub-apps. For example I have Firefox in different languages. Each language has separate executables (or, in case of some other apps, different switch values). I really don't want to have Firefox (English), Firefox (French), Firefox (Martian) etc. I think it would be helpful to have parent Firefox entry (which, by itself, will install the app too) and child entries which could install everything else you wish (instead of different translations it could be addons or who-knows-what-else)

A brief summary of features being developed or considered for next WPI version, potentially as a sticky thread to let forum members know what is currently under development. Maybe a seperate list of longer range ideas that won't make the next release but still in development or on the plate for future additions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...