Unable to burn Video to DVD Movie

hi,

this might be a wierd problem..Here goes I have been trying to burn movies from mpeg and avi format to DVD format but am having hard time doing it......It goes thru the transcoding and burning and completes it. Then there is a activity bar that says that total and it says its 70% and its stuck there. This happen when i use win dvd creator...I have used 3 dvds for this and all have gone waste....I also tried nerovision and tried the same thing and it gives a i/o error and burn process failed message comes up.....Interestingly when i try to burn using dvd rw it works fine but i have only tried it once...Also Iam using Sony and moserbaer pro dvd's which have worked for every other purpose.....Anybody any ideas...please help

Raj

...and it gives a i/o error and burn process failed message comes up
I see you've mentioned several programs you've tried to burn with. The first thing that comes to mind when you're given an I/O error during burning is how many processes may be running in the background and how many things you have open at any given time.

I suggest closing down everything except for the burning application and then try burning again. Also, if you have a can of compressed air or one of those CDs with bristles on it for wiping off the laser lens of the burner, try cleaning that if you're also running into low buffer levels.

For future reference, I recommend you use Nero 7 Lite Micro located here.

What make and model is your burner? Different brands of CDRs and DVD-/+Rs support certain read/write speeds as well. You should be aware of the specs for your burner. It could just be the software. I/O errors can also indicate hardware problems, but since you're burning some DVDs fine, that's not the case here.

Edited by Jeremy

• 3 weeks later...

I am actually having a similar problem. I have a pair of NEC DVD+/-RWs (I forget the model number at the moment). They are relativly old, but they still work perfectly. And by perfectly I mean just as well as the first day I got them.

It took me a while to find any software that would let me use basic CD-R function, and that was Nero 7. However, Nero 7 will not let me burn any DVD's. I was able to make a DVD using Alchohol 120%, burned from an ISO of a PS2 game. I don't know if it worked or not, because I couldn't find a modded PS2 to try it on. But it went through all the way with no errors, for the first time ever.

Any ideas?