Where can I find the INF file to put follwing registry tweaks?

dance2die

I have been trying to change the Visual Effects setting(my computer -> properties -> advanced -> visual effects) to "Best Performance"(this might not sound right since I am trying to translate korean to english) using the following registry tweak.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VisualEffects]
"VisualFXSetting"=dword:00000002
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VisualEffects]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VisualEffects]

I have put the above tweak to run through command specified in "cmdline.txt" after reading Nuhi's sticky post.

I have gotten the above code from Shoshoni's post on http://www.msfn.org/board/lofiversion/index.php/t24570.html.

Well after having that tweak, i was able to see that the visual effects setting was set to "Best Performance" with all the effects settings checkboxes turned off. But the problem is that, even after rebooting, the setting was not actually applied.

So I wanted to try out the following code to fix the problem

"VisualFXSetting"=dword:00000002 <-2 = All Settings Off
"VisualFXSetting"=dword:00000003 <- Manual Settings
"VisualFXSetting"=dword:00000001 <- Let's Windows choose

But the problem is that, there was no mention on where to put the code in.

Now i ran into this post by "Erven" on http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=86615

Erven has the following code(snipped a bit for readability)

HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\ClassicViewState","DefaultValue",0x00010001,1
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\ControlPanelInMyComputer","DefaultValue",0x00010001,0
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\DesktopProcess","DefaultVHKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\WebViewBarricade","DefaultValue",0x00010001,1

Erven metions a file named "NLHIVE.INF" which I could not find anywhere.

I used nLite only to apply "Hot Fixes", "Drivers", and to create an "Unattended" file("Winnt.Sif").

I am wondering if I would have to use all the features of NLite to be able to see "NLHive.INF". to be able to have this kind of tweaks(HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\ClassicViewState","DefaultValue",0x00010001,1) to take effect.

Any comments, links or search tips would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance...

I've been trying to install the Add on for hours... but i keep on getting errors while installing

C:\Program Files\VirtuallTek\nLite Add-On Maker\Languages\Portugu? (Brasil).itc

An error occurred while trying to rename a file in the destination directory
MoveFile failed; code 123
파일 이름, 디렉터리 이름 또는 볼륨 레이블 구분이 틀립니다.

Click Retry to try again, Ignore to skip this file (not recommended), or Abort to cancel installation

I am using a Korean version of Windows XP

To translate "파일 이름, 디렉터리 이름 또는 볼륨 레이블 구분이 틀립니다."

it says "File name, Directory name or Volume Label is different"

Anyone else had this sort of problem during installation?