[Help] Very slow network lookup

HyperHacker

A while ago I had my desktop connected to a wireless router, and connected to it on my laptop (both using XP SP2) to copy files back and forth across the network. When I had this setup I would be prompted for a password almost instantly. I had to change some things however, and now the desktop is connected to a router which connects to the wireless router. I can't see the desktop from the laptop at all via wireless now, which is probably a silly configuration error, but I can plug the laptop into the same router as the desktop.

This shouldn't be a big problem, but for some reason if I have either system try to find the other, it takes nearly 2 minutes to get any response. When it does respond, sometimes it just says "No network provider accepted the given network path" as if the system I'm trying to contact doesn't exist. (Interestingly, it only takes about 20 seconds to respond if the system really doesn't exist.) When this happens I just keep trying to connect over and over, and eventually I get the password prompt. :blink: It's like they're timing out trying to contact eachother, but they're both connected to the same wired router. Once the connection is established files fly back and forth as fast as ever; the only lag is when they look for eachother. I don't understand why...