WinPE v2 and "Access is Denied" error

Jazkal

OK, I have some more info.

I have gotten around the "Access is denied" but by using an even easier method.

By specifying the complete path of the hta it works as follows:

mshta.exe y:\folder\file.hta

You do not need the credentials as mentioned before as long as you have previously mapped a drive and entered them.

Also, I am now able to load a Simple hta with no issues by using the method above.

Now I have to figure out why my complex hta is not working...and that job is not for me, I am going to to hand it over to one of our coders to work out.

Thanks for the help Jazkal

Edited by styxx_78

I noticed that with every compnent added to WinPE it greatly increases boot time. I was very surprised with the speed of a Base WinPE with no components installed but am starting to realise that I will need a lot of them installed in order for our install strategy to work properly.

My next step is to see load time differences between CD/DVD and USB Flash to see if I can speed things up a bit.

Meanwhile, I will be passing my HTA on to one of our programmers to spend some time on it.

I'm more on the Server OS deployment side of things. We currently use both 100 and 1000, just depends on what datacenter your in. Our 2k and 2k3 images are 2-4 gigs in size and most of those are done in 15 mins or so.