kb917275 // directx9 final match

ndr64

hi there!

first of all i have to thanks everyone works on this great project!!! i have just created a full up-to-date windows xp sp2 installation cd and everything seems to be ok on Vmware! :)

after the installing of the system i've tried to go into windows update site and i'have find out that another non-critical update has been released from MS: Windows Rights Management Services Client(KB917275)

i tried to run that package with /? switch, but no help screen is showed. Is it possibile anyway to "slipstream" it? Or i can only integrate it? (i suppose putting it in the "HFSVCPACK_SW" folder)

second question is directx9c slipstreaming releated. how is it possibile to do it? i have found in many treads talking about *integrating* directx9c, but if i wanted to _slipstream_ them?

i have also noticed that in the Tomcat76's Windows XP SP2 list, if i select directx9, the script tell me that i have to put some cabs in HFCABS folder... but i didn't understand where to find these cabs...

thank for the help you will give me!! :)

Edited by ndr64

Hi ndr64

KB917275 isn't supported yet but you can try extracting msdrmclient.msi into HFSVCPACK_SW. The MSI will be silently installed.

Windows XP SP2 already contains DirectX9c. The CAB files on my list for that OS are extra gaming binaries which you can find inside the DirectX installation executable.

To extract files from MS executables, use an advanced decompressor such as 7-zip or WinRAR.

Hi ndr64

KB917275 isn't supported yet but you can try extracting msdrmclient.msi into HFSVCPACK_SW. The MSI will be silently installed.

Windows XP SP2 already contains DirectX9c. The CAB files on my list for that OS are extra gaming binaries which you can find inside the DirectX installation executable.

To extract files from MS executables, use an advanced decompressor such as 7-zip or WinRAR.

thanks tomcat, for the KB917275 i'll try this solution ;)

for the directx, i'm sorry but i cannot understand... i have extracted everything inside the "directx_9c_redist.exe" sfx archive... that's the list:

BDA.cab

BDANT.cab

BDAXP.cab

DirectX.cab

DSETUP.dll

dsetup32.dll

dxnt.cab

dxsetup.exe

ManagedDX.CAB

while the files required in the page i've linked are:

Apr2005_d3dx9_25_x86.cab

Apr2006_d3dx9_30_x86.cab

Aug2005_d3dx9_27_x86.cab

Dec2005_d3dx9_28_x86.cab

Feb2005_d3dx9_24_x86.cab

Feb2006_d3dx9_29_x86.cab

Jun2005_d3dx9_26_x86.cab

OCT2006_d3dx9_31_x86.cab

i'm a little bit confused.... can you help me?? :D

(you wrote that dx9c are already in SP2, but the package i've downloaded is dated "oct 2006", probably something has changed?)

@ndr64, Microsoft releases a new version of the DirectX SDK binaries bimonthly. Windows XP SP2 does include DirectX 9.0c. The only updates included in the dated package are Direct3D gaming binaries and other files that you probably won't need right now.

If you want the extra binaries, extract only the ones that Tomcat's page mentions and put them in HFCABS.

You downloaded directx_oct2006_redist.exe?

oops!, that's the error!

.. i've downloaded the wrong file.. that's the reason i couldn't understood..(where have i got the other link??? )

thank SM & tomcat for the help you gave me, i will post as soon as i will build a new cd in order let you know if KB917275 will be installed as well :)

• 1 month later...

HFSLIP has Windows setup install MsDrmClient.msi from SVCPACK.INF but not RmClientBackCompat.msi. Is it needed? The DRM update appears in Add/Remove programs so I'd think not. I suppose this can only be found out if the machine is logged on to a server...