Suggestion box (vLite)

nuhi

One of the greatest tweaks I have seen. To make Windows folders stick as in XP (instead of Ms. "I know better" Vista):

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU]

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\AllFolders\Shell]
"FolderType"="NotSpecified"

• 1 month later...

A function to stop Windows making hotfix backups in WinSXS.

So without this ability to uninstall hotfixes, you would not be able to uninstall hotfixes, but would save a lot of space.

I posted about this here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/Slipstreaming-Ho...mp;gopid=712704

Apparently the size of the ISO only increases when integrating hotfixes because it makes backups of the older files.

Pfffff! I don't want to ever uninstall any hotfixes and don't want all those backup files although I searched WinSXS for the KB numbers of a few hotfixes and none of them appear anywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

install two vista at one installation, possible ?

one will be tiny and good for games and the another for others things

sounds crazy but may help a lot to gamers

Edited by aviv00

My first post here :hello: .Ok.Here goes:

Since i do a lot of vLited Vista clean installs then i have noticed a few things that vLite could improve further:

*If the image to be installed contains integrated drivers that are Beta then during the vista install Completing Installation phase vista constantly asks for confirmation about if i want to install this unsigned driver.Trust me when i say...its not pleasant to click the install this driver anyway box 36 times in a row :wacko: .It sorta demolishes the all unattended install idea.

*Before the first login vista does a ~60 second scan for performance evaluation(performance index).There should be a tweak to lose this :yes: .In the end the score attained is not valid anyway because graphics score is 1 on 8800GTS SLI until installing drivers(5.9 after drivers installed).Thus...why run the performance evaluation before first login if you have to run it second time anyway to get correct numbers :rolleyes: .Also i doubt anyone is eager to see all the PR texst about simplicity and so on :lol: ....

*As some here have said...there should be fourth tab in vLite to integrate various registry settings/files.

I have a small sugestion. im integrating ALL hotfixes right now and it takes hours (currently 4 hours at least).

Can you make an option that the pc shuts down itself when its ready with slipstreaming.

Edited by Teqskater