Winnt.sif and Unattended

Helo

I am trieing to make a AIO DVD with winXP,winhome and mce and now i have gott som problem with the Winnt.sif file.

I have one winxp pro unattend that boots from pro1 and one winxp regular install that boots from pro2 boot folder and now for the problem.

It goes like this when i install the unattended all works well butt wen i do a regular install i whant all the regular settings to work like it does when you dont use the winnt.sif file it refuse to take my settings in the winnt.sif.

The settings it refuse to take is press r to repair menu and OemSkipEula=No. I have tried every setting i could find but the dam Eula and repair menu dont shows upp and it jumps direct to the drives menu when i use the winnt.sif file and i nead the wint.sif for the Driver Packs.

Is there anybody else that have had this problem or or know a sulotion :unsure:

This is weird when i have the section [unattended] in winnt.sif the OemSkipEula=No dont work it wont display the Eula txt and the press r to repair menu is also gone but when i remove the [unattended] section it works is this a bug??. But if a remove the [unattended] section i cant use OemPreinstall=Yes.

hopes someone can explain this or confirm

sorry if my en isnt so good :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Hi, firstly have you checked out the MSFN link to the Multi boot DVD? and also no it is not a bug, that i know of,

because it is in a unattened section of the winnt.sif file, why show the EULA if it is unattened.

I know what you want to do, but i don't understand why?

sorry, but if you can explain more i will try to help

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

You may want to ditch the line [unattended] OemSkipEula for the more undocumented line

[data] EulaCompleted="1"

This prevents the EULA from appearing, but will make it appear as such. OemSkipEula does not pass on that the EULA has been signed.

W

• 1 month later...

i saw that all text mode installation becomes manual and after first gui logon, it asks whether to check for updates, create users and welcome screen. worst part is it doesnt recognise the $oem$ folder.

Edit : sorry i forgot to tell that i removed Unattended section and the above said is the effect of that.

Edited by rajesh.kumar

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...