wpi auto integrate programs

@greekman,

I had a C# program (though based on a way older version of wpi) that created the wpi config.js file automatically by pointing to the parent folder, systematically trying to extract and add the silent parameters and filling out the rest of the wpi data.

This program also managed the apps very much like wpi configurator or some of the others in the forum, but most of this functionality is now contained within wpi so I've been concentrating efforts on building the functionality in javascript...just not a lot of time lately to work on it. Will pass on code to mritter and kel when I get it semi-functioning reliably and properly for their expertise and whether it should be included or not.

In the meantime, this should make the wishlist if it's worth pursuing.

@greekman,

I had a C# program (though based on a way older version of wpi) that created the wpi config.js file automatically by pointing to the parent folder, systematically trying to extract and add the silent parameters and filling out the rest of the wpi data.

This program also managed the apps very much like wpi configurator or some of the others in the forum, but most of this functionality is now contained within wpi so I've been concentrating efforts on building the functionality in javascript...just not a lot of time lately to work on it. Will pass on code to mritter and kel when I get it semi-functioning reliably and properly for their expertise and whether it should be included or not.

In the meantime, this should make the wishlist if it's worth pursuing.

either way theres a million applications in the world therefor using such a application would only account for less than 30% of all apps ever created being succesfully installed silently with a silent switch,, so that still would be kinda useless because it would just confuse newbies and then flood these forums mainly wpi,, saying why wont this install...

i pointed out the obvious that it wont really be possible, and as for proof well lets say,, some apps need to be made as custom silent installers, or auto it,, or custom iss packs and so forth,,

so no this wont ever be possible and even if it does get worked on,, the chances of it being able to do every app that every single user wants is very low in deed