[Release] DAEMON Tools Lite v4.30.3

johndoe74

updated v4.10 addon to SPTD v1.56. other changes:

removed spyware/adware/malware/crapware

daemon tools prevented from opening at startup

desktop shortcuts removed

control panel -> add/remove programs entry added (and hopefully working)

updated to 4.12.2 with SPTD 1.56. in addition to the usual removal of spyware/adware/malware/crapware, daemon tools is now prevented from opening at startup, desktop shortcuts have been removed and entry added to add/remove programs (hopefully working). radix's autoit script retained although modified even further

Edited by johndoe74

it wasn't trying to connect when i tried the addon. i guessed that was one of the changes they made to the setup. anyone else have this problem ?

My script prevent browser opening, but if you are connected to internet, Daemon Tools will download the add-on (SRSAI.exe). Tested in Windows. In RunOnceEx the connection is not configured and the problem doesn't exist.

Edited by radix

johndoe74

I did a new unattended last night and I will have to agree that it is definately hitting the net. I was watching the network monitor while the unattended was installing, when it was copying things to the desktop it opened a cmd box with www.xxxx.xxx (didn't catch all) IE7 opened with Thank you for updating to the latest Daemon Tools.

jd

Sorry JD74,

I think It's still doing it only the cmd box is showing on the screen with c:\windows\Daemon\dt4122.exe. And at the same time in my vm window the nic card is showing as communicating the same time as the cmd window for appx. 30 to 60 seconds. When I take the daemon tools out this does not happen, so somewhere it is triggering the net to call home.

Thanks

jd

Edited by 03GrandAmGT