Some general questions to the Vista deployment

Hi!

I am trying to digg into the Vista deployment documentation, which is pretty stiff.. and I got some questions!

1. Does all the entries that are listed in the cmh files (unattend.chm) correspond to the diffrent deployment techniques? I mean, are the same entries valid when installing using WDS or installing via a DVD? I cant see that there are any references in the help file which clearly points out if they only are valid for let's say WDS...

2. When using WDS; should one "brake" out the WinPE phase entries into a single boot answer file or is there a best practies to include all settings into one single .xml file that runs the whole setup expierence?

In our corp, I would like to have one single boot image (with one single boot option xml file) and then multiple installation images with one single .xml file for each one....

3. Dependencies between the values! Are there any? Cause I get the general picture where u add one component and the supply the values for configuration. However, some of my configuration settings gets applied while some does not, is it a dependency or is it that the input params are incorrect? My options that does not get applied deals with "data images" that does not get applied when installing Vista from my WDS server!

Lots of questions, still hope some of them makes sense...

I have the exact scenario you do and am just learning as we speak.

My solutions to your questions so far are:

1. Havent done any DVD installs, dont plan to...

2. I will setup my corp that way too.

3. Some of the stages of setup dont always run unless you use sysprep for example, so be carefull where you put stuff;-> The waik.chm explains the stages up top...

I have found that automating the boot image with the XML is obviously only done with the PE portions of the possibilities. I am just running deployment after deployment in a VM from WDS now while tweaking the main setup xml.

I for the life of me cant automate the timezone/currency/kb, product key, computer name (Shouldnt WDS do this?) portion even if I include the data that only seems viable in the PE portion in this XML iether?? I dont see any other place to put the product key...

I also cant get the **** things to join the domain.