[HELP] No Sounds set for all users

D8TA

I am trying to set the sound scheme for all users to No Sound. I can go in on the newly created user and set the sound to No Sounds but if I create a new user the Windows Default is set to use again. Is there anyway to set the No Sounds for all users? I can save the No Sounds scheme but I don't know where that is located or if I could even deploy it to all my workstations. I would like to set all of the PCs I manage to use No Sounds and deploy the setting to them. Any suggestions or advice on how to set anyone who logs in and creates an account to have the sound scheme to No Sounds.

Thanks!

I am trying to set the sound scheme for all users to No Sound. I can go in on the newly created user and set the sound to No Sounds but if I create a new user the Windows Default is set to use again. Is there anyway to set the No Sounds for all users? I can save the No Sounds scheme but I don't know where that is located or if I could even deploy it to all my workstations. I would like to set all of the PCs I manage to use No Sounds and deploy the setting to them. Any suggestions or advice on how to set anyone who logs in and creates an account to have the sound scheme to No Sounds.

Thanks!

Choose No sounds, rightclick desktop, save the current Theme under a new name, specify a location. This .theme file should be put on your uACD.

in winnt.sif, point to this theme. Done.

Every .themefile contains info about the Soundscheme. So if users would select a different theme, it would be possible they also activate a different soundscheme. So you should either edit every .theme file you include in your uACD or simply remove the Media folder.

If you save soundschemes, they are saved in the Registery, HKU, very annoying to extract to a .reg file suitable for every PC.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that didn't work. I noticed in nLite I could remove Windows Default Sounds. How can I do that once Windows is already installed? I want to remove the sound when a user first logs into the PC and when the shutdown. I would like to disable all of the sounds just so other user's nearby don't get annoyed. Any other advise?