IE7 problem, switches show?

wizy

I load up nLite 1.2.1. I select my XP Pro+sp2 Retail directory. I select hotfixes and insert the ie7-windowsxp-x86-enu.exe. Then I hit next and hit yes to process them. It starts processing and then I get a big message box titled: "Install Windows Internet Explorer", it has a list titled "Avalable Switches" with all the switches from iesetup I beleive shown. I hit OK on this message box and I get a second message box, this one says "Error!" in the title and "IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu - Hotfix integration failed. Please Report if this is unexpected." as the text.

So, whats happening here?

• 3 weeks later...

i have the same problem and direct hotfix integrate is checked for enabled and i still get the switches showing. if i select the report option a windows pops up saying

"WARNING!:

IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu - Direct integration for this hot fix is not supported.

ieeula.chm - File is not present in the ISO to be updated.

Please report if this is unexpected.

Do you want to try and use the regular integration method for this hotfix ?"

UPDATE: I simply placed four different files (all .chm's) compressed in my i386 dir and it worked fine. So I guess you need the help files for some silly reason. I then removed the same four files after the integration and everything still installed just fine.

Edited by godan

godan, yeah next time use it on the clean installation files, you have removed Help before it.

I know in ideal world if you select IE7 compatibility I should protect the help files too but...