Missing Audio.

WDGC

I don't know if this is the right place for this post, but ...

When I play a video - from google or yahoo for example - I don't get audio. The OS is XP Pro SP2 and the result is the same using IE, Firefox and Opera.

I don't know how long this has been the case, as I've only tried to play videos since getting a broadband connection a couple of weeks ago. I don't have any problems with streaming radio using WMP.

Any ideas to the possible cause and rectification of this problem would be appreciated.

I don't know if this is the right place for this post, but ...

When I play a video - from google or yahoo for example - I don't get audio. The OS is XP Pro SP2 and the result is the same using IE, Firefox and Opera.

I don't know how long this has been the case, as I've only tried to play videos since getting a broadband connection a couple of weeks ago. I don't have any problems with streaming radio using WMP.

Any ideas to the possible cause and rectification of this problem would be appreciated.

have u got any firewall that may be blocking the broadcast?

try turning the built-in firewall off inside your router and also any other security functions and see if it works then

The built-in firewall is disabled and always has been (default setting) and I'm not aware of any other active security functions.

I think almost all of the posters above me are doing it wrong :whistle:

If the router was blocking anything there would be nothing at all, audio and video are both supplied in the same stream.

Check the following -

1. Volume control (double-click the icon in the system tray) - make sure nothing is muted

2. Device manager, ensure an audio device has been installed and working properly

3. Services manager, ensure Windows Audio service is running.

3. Services manager, ensure Windows Audio service is running.

Windows Audio was set to 'Manual' and wasn't running; changing the setting to 'Automatic' and reinstalling the sound card driver fixed the problem.

Thank you to all respondents.