How to start preparing an unattended Win98Se setup?

gugutz

My father´s company uses a program that needs win98 to run, ´cause it´s not compatible with xp.

So i format his company computer from time to time, and i´m planning to make an unattended install to make things easier for each time i´m going to make a new format.

But i´m only used to make XP unattended installs.

Can anybody help me by giving me links or saying right here how to i make a unattended install for Windows 98 SE? Witch files do i have to edit? Is it possible to make like XP, i mean making it install Hotfixes and apps after the install is completed, and things like that?

I´m using XP right now, so i can´t download the hotfixes from MS windows update catalog, and i can´t download the files directly from MGDx´s page, ´cause my Win98Se is pt-br, not english. Is there any way that i can get the localized hotfixes in my language without having to install win98 to do it?

Total lost now. I don´t know even where to begin.

Since now, thanks for all the ones who helps.

gugutz.

i am very sorry, but i search the link you gave me, and i didn´t find the link to download the deploy kit.

do you have it?

It is on your CD-ROM, in \tools\reskit\batch folder.

In fact, you don't need any tool, you can write the inf MSBATCH.INF file manually.

Petr

Can anybody help me by giving me links or saying right here how to i make a unattended install for Windows 98 SE? Witch files do i have to edit? Is it possible to make like XP, i mean making it install Hotfixes and apps after the install is completed, and things like that?

Try my original project out - http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=53392

I'm sorry I didn't see your original post, but I'm a bit dismayed that no-one else pointed you to my project. But then again i'm not surprised in the slightest.

Edited by soporific