Hotfixes For Windows XP Professional SP1

Aaron

MDAC Update added. This replaces the previous MDAC update (823718). For certain people who install the full MDAC 2.8 - you will also need to install this update as it applies as well.

I added the new MDAC patch to my install today.......tried it the first time under the svcpack.inf file and I guess missed a switch somewhere as it prompted me to continue............then I repacked it using the IExpress method (which I probably didn't have to do).......That worked to a point but windows update doesn't see it as installed.

Used type 2 switches the first time and type 1 the second..........anyone know what I did wrong?

Bladewraith - I also installed MDAC 2.8 and the update through svcpack.inf and it didn't work out. I think it needs a reboot between the two installations.

MDAC 2.8 stays in svcpack.inf, and the update released yesterday has been moved to GuiRunOnce. Still testing... :)

Sorry if this has been covered already, but i cannot find it via search engine... maybe due to special characters interpretation :)

Anyway: Is there a way to prevent Type2 hotfixes (/Q:A /R:N) from saving backup files and showing themselves in installed applications, just as /N does for Type1 updates?

Thank you very much :rolleyes:

I notice the update for file JS56NEN.exe is listed as 814078, which is correct, but could you add a side note refering to the fact, so others don't get confused as I did. Maybe I am just too newb on first try, but I had gone to windows update and downloaded all the updates and renamed them prior to checking your list and the side note would have saved me 10 minutes of trying to figure out what I was not understanding. Just a thought. Your work here is truly amazing. Keep it up and

THANKS

NEW NEW Critical Update for Windows Media Player (KB832353) NEW NEW

Just found This Guys!

After installation of Update for Windows Media Player Script Commands (KB828026), some URL script commands do not respond correctly. This package helps resolve the issue. In addition, it helps resolve an installer issue that could cause 100% CPU utilization in certain scenarios.

Download:WindowsMedia-KB832353-ENU.exe (2K/XP/2K3)

Hi,

On the front page it says

MDAC - Requires different switch. Do not use this syntax directly in svcpack.inf. You can create a batch file to call out that syntax from svcpack.inf, or do it from GuiRunOnce:

My question is how do I call out the syntax from svcpack.inf

Make a mdac.cmd file which might contain something like this:

cmdow @ /HID
start /wait %systemdrive%\apps\mdac\MDAC_TYP.exe /C:"dasetup.exe /q /n" /q
EXIT

Save this in the \i386\update folder then add a single line that says mdac.cmd under [setupHotfixesToRun] in svcpack.inf