Hotfixes For Windows XP Professional SP1

Aaron

curious, applying this doesn't want to install the SP2, eventhough i have 1.1 Framework installed ...

any ideas?

Because its SP2 for .NET Framework 1.0 only.

1.1 is at its latest with no service packs.

hi i got a strange problem with adding the hot fixes not supported by regular means.. well first off ive figured out while my pc was shutting off before time and yes aron your right it wasnt because of them hot fixes it was because i had a rest featur added into both scripts my batch file and my hotfixes.cmd file,, go figure lol,,

but any ways heres my question that i seem to be having trouble with and i cant figure out why,, well here it is,, i was just testing my unattended cd and it was installing fine until i got to the hotfixes.cmd part.

well when it got to this part an error poped up saying that

C:\install\hotfixes\hotfixes.cmd could not be found..

well this is what i have in my winnit.sif file

[GuiRunOnce]

%systemdrive%/install/bootlogo.cmd

%systemdrive%\install\batch_file.cmd

%systemdrive%\install\hotfixes\hotfixes.cmd

and i have the file named Hotfixes.cmd and its placed in this directory

\$1\Install\hotfixes

i dont understand why its comming up with an error saying that it cant be found ... could it be case sensitive on the "h" in hotfixes maybe ?

im not really sure as to what this problem is.. so does any one have any ideals ?

u realize the difference in the \ / ? right

[GuiRunOnce]%systemdrive%/install/bootlogo.cmd

change it to

[GuiRunOnce]
%systemdrive%\install\bootlogo.cmd

also you might be deleting the hotfixes.cmd before it gets there check the other ones

well yes i do see the difference in the / to \ but i just thought that was how the tut went in the cosmetics threat but ill change it, you do make sense on that,,

now as for the hotfixes.cmd

ive looked in my batch_file.cmd and realised this was around the bottom

ECHO.

ECHO Deleting Temp Installation Files...

RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\Drivers

RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\install

so that looks like your right its eraseing the hotfixes before i even get to it,

thanks for your help im gonna take these lines and move them to the bottom of my hotfixes.cmd file right before the reset lines :)

i dont think that would make your boot look bad. it just would not go at all. (i would think) try a different kernel and see how it looks.

also for what i did for the cleanup is put a safe2delete.cmd file in $oem$/$$/system32 that will get copied over without having to have a copy command in your main batch. in that cmd i would have the

RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\Drivers

RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\install

(and also the shutdown)

then at the bottom of my main batch i would run that cmd. that way it was sure to run last. and it works fine. just leaves 1 file behind named safe2delete. :)

hey guys do me a favor and check out the cosmetics thread

http://www.MSFN.org/board/index.php?showtopic=9878&st=70

its where im going to post a pic of what my boot screen should look like and what it does look like,, and then from that please tell me what ya think the prob is, im thinking try a different kernal,,, but ill let every one have there say :)

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Aaron,

Had a problem finding download file Q816093, Flaw in the Microsoft VM Could Enable System Compromise. As a workaround, I found a way to get the file with a test machine and SP1 installed (to be honest, I stumbled on this by accident).

:) I configured my system to receive automatic updates and lo and behold a critical update started downloading. I quickly did a Windows Update scan and saw it was Q816093. Instead of updating my system at that time (I am using VMWare Workstation 4 with several instances of XP Home and Pro), I decided to delve into the location of the downloaded file. I found it buried in Program Files (a hidden folder called,,,,Windows Update\wuaudnld.tmp\cabs\com_microsoft.Q816093_VM3810_Ver1\msjavwu.exe.

Just a tidbit of information should anyone else have problems finding this little guy. I know the Windows Update Catalog with OS Advanced Search did not work for me.

:rolleyes:

The Old Dude

Anybody know how to install KB822603?

When I run it from a cmd file in RunOnceEx with the line

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Hotfixes\Q822603.exe /q /o /n /z

WU won't detect it as installed (yes I know it's only recommended, but still...)

Same thing when I try installing it from svcpack.inf

Anybody know how to install KB822603?

When I run it from a cmd file in RunOnceEx with the line

start /wait %systemdrive%\Install\Hotfixes\Q822603.exe /q /o /n /z

WU won't detect it as installed

I believe it won't show as installed if you're installing it in Virtual PC (this is a USB limitation in Virtual PC). On a normal PC it will.