Hotfixes For Windows XP Professional SP1

Aaron

Q323255 can be removed, it's obviously superceded by Q811630.

Q329170 can be removed, it's obviously superceded by Q817606.

Q815021 can theoretically be removed, it's superceded by KB820128. But KB820128 is semi-official and not in the list, so don't remove Q815021 if you don't have KB820128.

More info in this thread.

Ok, don't remove Q323255 and Q329170 just yet. :) See the other thread for info.

Basically, the files have higher version numbers with the new fixes, but Windows doesn't seem to recognize that and still lists the older fixes in WindowsUpdate.

I've tested the SRP beta, and no hotfixes are listed on Windows Update, (well except for one newer hotfix that isn't included in the SRP). The only items listed are IE/OE Cumulative Update, Jscript 5.6, Java VM, MDAC, and possibly the directx patch (I don't know for sure since directx 9.0b was installed on the test machine)

Anyhow, I can say for sure this will solve the hotfix confusion we've had lately! :)

August 2003, Cumulative Patch for Internet Explorer superceded by the October 2003, Cumulative Patch for Internet Explorer. Link changed on the hotfix list.

Edit: Added Update for Windows Media Player Script Commands Q828026, supercedes the Q819639 patch

An idea - and a question :)

If i look in my controlpanel - ad/remove programs I have a bunch of Hotfixes, Hotfix packs and some update all Q-marked or KB-marked + the windows media update marked wm828026.

Is it enough to install these updates and fixes - or do I need to install them all?

Thanx in advance

/ SwedenXP

ps. it was reeally easy to download them all through MS update :rolleyes:

I am wondering why KB823980 (Blaster Worm patch) was left out...!

Is there a more recent Hotfix in the list replacing it?

:)

That's correct, Q823980 is superceded by Q824146, as it states this under the heading "Security Patch Replacement Information" in Q824146's KB Article

Thanks, AaronXP...!

Ok, last question: why was Q321884 left out? In this case, is it because it weighs too much? (Over 6 MB).

Thanks for help...

:)

We install .NET Framework 1.1 instead :rolleyes: