Hotfixes For Windows XP Professional SP1

Aaron

@Sunil

I posted a script to intergrate hotfixes some time ago here (page 3 onwards). It works on the hotfixes with the 'plain' white icon. This has now become known as webmedics hotfix script if you want to search for it. Why webmedics script? Well, he edited it by adding support for the other type of hotfixes with the picture icon. He put it in a new topic and made a download of it.

I've improved my original quite a bit since but want to be very sure about the type 2 and 3 hotfixes that need to be done slightly differently before posting it.

Anyway, here's the link to the microsoft guide I used. I hope it helps.

22nd September - Q323255 and Q823559 added to main list, don't know how I could have missed those out!

Hmm, 323255? Hm, i don't think it displayed in the online WindowsUpdate when i ran it on a virgin install. How did you find it?

Also, a new patch to be added to the list: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822603

This also appears on Windows Update. :)

Hmm, 323255? Hm, i don't think it displayed in the online WindowsUpdate when i ran it on a virgin install. How did you find it?

Also, a new patch to be added to the list: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822603

This also appears on Windows Update. :rolleyes:

This is a recommended update? Only critical updates on this list :)

Either I turned a blind eye, or these 2 hotfixes decided to show itself on WU. Either way I don't know, but when running a hotfix batch (not slipstreamed) via svcpack without the cat files, these 2 updates on WU left me baffled. So I ran WU on my virgin install of Windows XP on another Virtual PC image I had and the two updates I missed out were there.

This is a recommended update? Only critical updates on this list  :rolleyes:

Whoops, forgot that :)

Either I turned a blind eye, or these 2 hotfixes decided to show itself on WU. Either way I don't know, but when running a hotfix batch (not slipstreamed) via svcpack without the cat files, these 2 updates on WU left me baffled. So I ran WU on my virgin install of Windows XP on another Virtual PC image I had and the two updates I missed out were there.

Well, Q823559 shows up for sure, but i've either never seen Q323255, or i removed it (due to another patch superceding it) and then forgot about it. But i wouldn't just leave out an update like this, and i've done virgin installs and WU checks on a seperate PC several times... :D