Hotfixes For Windows XP Professional SP1

Aaron

30th July 2004 - New Cumulative update for Internet Explorer released (867801), this replaces the last cumulative update (832894) and all the ones before that. We stress that you remove all old IE cumulative updates from svcpack.inf to avoid issues.

Just a quick question about the Q867801 fix.

I know it replaces the 832894 fix, but does someone have a list from lthis year on what other ones have been replaced?

Thanks in advace :)

Has anyone tested replacing the older update.exe (within older HF's) with the newer versions that support the /integrate switch?

doesn't work quite right. Alot fo the hotfixes don't have the proper INF entries to apply the slipstream. After all the modifying of files and whatnot, it would be easier jsut to use XPCREATE or to jsut run the EXE.

I followed a link from the unattended site and it says there should be SP2 hotfixes here. Aren't there any so far? Perhaps SP2 should be here as well together with SP1 hotfixes until all localized XP versions sp2 have been RTM:ed for a while (october-november)? Just an idea...

30th July 2004 - New Cumulative update for Internet Explorer released (867801):

Is this Hotfix included in SP2?

Best regards

Niklas

I noticed about 4 patches from the Type 1 and Type 2 Pre-SP2 Hotfixes that were not in SP2.

I did build a SP2 CD a couple of days ago but accidently deleted it :( I'll try and build another one soon and then I can tell you which hotfixes are still included.

However, look at this URL if you want:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=811113

It shows a list of the fixes included in SP2, you can always use the list at the top of this thread to compare, and keep the ones not listed (this is what I did anyways).

Hope that helps...

30th July 2004 - New Cumulative update for Internet Explorer released (867801):

Is this Hotfix included in SP2?

Since IE6 SP2 doesn't actually need that update, yes then you could consider that patch as having been included with SP2.

The place where people are messing up is understanding what critical and suggested hotfixes are....net,highmatcd, journal viewer are not looked at as "needed" hotfixes because it depends on the person...So for everyone responding to this thread saying there are hotfixes available, please keep in mind that mods here dont consider those to be hotfixes.

And as someone already said, dont just install a hotfix for no reason...I think a IE one came out a couple of days ago, but it specifically says, if you do not have this problem, dont install it. You may end up screwing something else up...

hope this helps both those people saying there are hotfixes, and those saying there arent.

• 3 weeks later...