Hotfixes For Windows XP Professional SP1

Aaron

about this update-->

MDAC - Requires different switch. Do not use this syntax directly in svcpack.inf. You can create a batch file to call out that syntax from svcpack.inf, or do it from GuiRunOnce:

As outlined in the Technet article, install using:

xxx_Q832483_MDAC_X86.EXE /C:"dahotfix.exe /q /n" /q

where xxx is your language version.

Q832483 (13th January 2004)

Buffer overrun in an MDAC function could allow code execution

Download - 1.99 MB

Sorry but i didn't understand how to install it, my cmd file is like this:

ECHO Installazione "1 di 37 --> Q322011"

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\hotfixes\Q322011_WXP_SP2_x86_ITA.exe /Q /U /N /Z

EcHO Fatto.

ECHO Installazione "2 di 37 --> Q322069"

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\hotfixes\q322069_wxp_sp1_x86_ita.exe /Q /U /N /Z

EcHO Fatto.

and so on, what i must wrtie for thi patch?

/C:"dahotfix.exe /q /n" /q

is only for the MDAC patch ....

write:

ECHO Installazione "1 di 37 --> Q832483"

start /wait %systemdrive%\install\hotfixes\ITA_Q832483_MDAC_X86.EXE /C:"dahotfix.exe /q /n" /q

EcHO Fatto.

Had some luck. Take a look at the examples page where the winnt.sif (unattend.txt) shows [GUIRunOnce] shows.

I have been trying out several techniques. I found scripts. One slipstreamer.rar I used to start a new windows directory, example, fresh install.

I received a message could not find ...\install\Hotfixes.cmd. NEW INSTALL

I advanced some of the script ...

It now creates a Hotfixes.cmd --

CLS

@ECHO OFF

TITLE Installing Hotfixes

start /wait E:\I386\Install\Hotfixes\KB817778.exe /Q /M /Z

start /wait E:\I386\Install\Hotfixes\KB820291.exe /Q /M /Z

start /wait E:\I386\Install\Hotfixes\KB822603.exe /Q /M /Z

start /wait E:\I386\Install\Hotfixes\KB823182.exe /Q /M /Z

start /wait E:\I386\Install\Hotfixes\KB824105.exe /Q /M /Z

start /wait E:\I386\Install\Hotfixes\KB824141.exe /Q /M /Z

start /wait E:\I386\Install\Hotfixes\KB825119.exe /Q /M /Z

start /wait E:\I386\Install\Hotfixes\KB826942.exe /Q /M /Z

start /wait E:\I386\Install\Hotfixes\KB828035.exe /Q /M /Z

start /wait E:\I386\Install\Hotfixes\KB832353.exe /Q /M /Z

start /wait E:\I386\Install\Hotfixes\Q814995.exe /Q /M /Z

start /wait E:\I386\Install\Hotfixes\js56nen.exe /Q:A /R:N

start /wait E:\I386\Install\Hotfixes\q828750.exe /Q:A /R:N

start /wait E:\I386\Install\Hotfixes\Q823718.exe /T:C:\WUTEMP\Q823718 /C:"C:\WUTEMP\Q823718\dahotfix.exe /q /n" /Q

start /wait E:\I386\Update\DX9NTOPK.exe

start /wait E:\I386\Update\sleep.exe 540

start /wait E:\I386\Update\WMP9MM2.exe

start /wait E:\I386\Update\HMTCDWIZ.exe /Q:A /R:N

EXIT

And it adds a line to WINNT.SIF, the example minus the last statement.

%CDROM%\I386\Install\Hotfixes.cmd

and moves the change replacing example copy in .../I386.

Caveat -- I think two places has these hotfixes -- the first page and some where inbetween in this forum, a page with faxcntl, wireless, sp1 update, media player fix, set program access... . The caveat is I could have missed one. The order isn't always correct ...

Slipstreamer.cmd

@AaronXP

hi im having trouble getting DirectX 9.0b OPK file off the link, ive down loaded it i mean but when i try to extract the file it says its corrupted, is there some thing wrong with the file , is it really corrupted, or is there some thing else i can do to get this file ?

lost soul

@AaronXP

hi im having trouble getting DirectX 9.0b OPK file off the link, ive down loaded it i mean but when i try to extract the file it says its corrupted, is there some thing wrong with the file , is it really corrupted, or is there some thing else i can do to get this file ?

lost soul

re-download it, could solve it

Last night i was making my unattended cd.. Again.. lol.. I added all the updates then made a slient batch for them.. and then i thought, HEY! some people at msfn might want this to download..

So here it is.. Its a file with a batch and ALL the updates for Windows XP Sp1 That are listed on the front page as of this post (06/June/2004)..

Download Here: http://fruitytooty.com/UPDATES_06JUNE04.rar (33.8MB - Oh yes, took me ages 2 upload 2 fruitytooty!)

I hope this saves some peoples time!

My Exams start tomorow, the proper ones, so revision for me!

Later, Chris.

Edit: By the way people, this dosent have directx or movie maker 2 or windows media player 9 - because i dont see them as critical updates, thus they dont go onto my cd.. If you want them youll have to add them manually for now!

Later, Chris.

This new critical update (June 9, 2004), 839643 for DirectX is not installing on my computer for some reason. I have DirectX 9.0b and I d/led the hotfix from MS site: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en

When I try to run the above hotfix, it tells me there was an error and that my computer did not meet some requirements. The log file says: "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DirectX\Version is Not Equal To Specified Value" Can someone tell me what is going on here?

EDIT: I check registry, DirectX version value is 4.09.00.0902, same as reported by DXDiag. I am also running plain WinXP, with Service pack 1 etc...

EDIT2: Nevermind, I figured it out. There 2 updates for 839643, one is called WindowsXP-KB839643-x86-ENU.EXE and the other DirectX90-KB839643-x86-ENU.EXE . I was able to install the latter without any problem, but I am curious as to why does MS provide 2 hotfixes for the same problem? Can someone clarify which one of them should be in the integrated hotfix collection on the WinXP unattended CD?

hi

i think that WindowsXP-KB839643-x86-ENU.EXE is for the directx version that originaly comes with xp (directx 9)

and DirectX90-KB839643-x86-ENU.EXE is for a different version of directx (directx 9a ,9b)

thats why you can't install the first and the second should be in an unattended install (together with 9b of course)